1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Where to buy equipment?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by joe511s, Jan 7, 2010.

1. joe511s

joe511s Member

Where is a good company to buy equipment...ie an eager beaver shaver and a pressurized wet wheel? Thanks

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

The Eager Beaver machine is going to be a tough one,, great machine, very poor customer service, they do not answer their phone. At least the last time I needed them it was that way. It is made by Stuart Manufacturing in California. 909-795-4572
    He!! of a machine, I had to wait three months for mine to be built.

3. joe511s

joe511s Member

Thanks, how does that compare to a Dakota pro series flesher? Customer service is important to me...

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

the Dakota pro, is the newest in the Dakota line, it looks to me, that they took the drive system of an Eager Beaver, but make the guard system adjustable by using thumb screws, it looks precise and adjustable on the fly. I know Vandykes customer service WAS super, but now VD is recently owned by McKenzie, so the service may be a little bit below Super, I don't know. The Pro would be a good way to go, as many here are happy with them. I would directly go past the Dakota V, as it is a dinosaur.

5. joe511s

joe511s Member

Thanks for the input, I will be going to school this spring and hopefully opening a shop this summer, Im just trying to plan out everything in advance and get the best stuff. Thanks again