1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Can this happen to taxi.net?

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Perca, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

Some of us on taxi.net also visit taxi.talk. Today when I tried to get on that website I got this. Can this happen to taxi.net too? VERY scarey.

http://www.taxidermytalk.com/forum/index.php

2. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

That can be real ugly!!!!

3. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

whoa

4. Hackers are so retarded...
    Not even just because they ruin other people's hard work...
    But because they think it makes them really cool. So full of it... :/

It could happen to any site sadly.

5. I wish there was a program that could be sent back to the hackers computers that would destroy all of their hardware!!!

6. yea it can happen i use to run a website for over ten years and it got hacked twice and because it was a hunting site it was a target for antis to try and hack it and disrupte normal traffic to it , was a pretty heavy traffic to the site ,www.southernhogdog.com was my site and like i said they target hunting sites.

7. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Poor Cecil! What's he gonna do now? He said he'd never come back here.

8. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

Cecil says, "Greetings Randy. Long time no see." Taxidermy Talk will be back and even if it doesn't, he told me to tell you, "I have no reason to come back here." ;D

9. hahaha

That really does suck!
    I noticed it the other day when I went to log on.

10. JE

JE Well-Known Member

I have never understood what pleasure those that hack, or spread viruses etc get out of doing it ? I mean, why would one want to design a virus to contaminate 1000's of computers ? what pleasure would that bring any one ? I just don't get it.
    I hope cecil gets things up and running again. I was not around when he left this forum, so do not know the story behind his departure, but I have found him to be an OK guy so far.

11. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

That's also what can happen if you forget to pay your annual renewal fees.

Or, even worse, if you try to upgrade the software (as is often recommended) and the upgrade decides to go south on you ...

Stuff happens. It's not always hackers. 'Not saying that it can't be, but most of the time it isn't.

12. Yea Ive heard the same thing, but this was a hacker.
    An image came up of a man in a hooded shirt over a black background saying he has been hacked. The guy even used his Hacker name to take credit for it.
    really lame.

13. If you ever noticed...when you get a virus,a lot of times you will get a pop up with a quick fix for a one time special price of just $69.00...But hurry!...sale ends at midnight

14. Bob Katz

Bob Katz Lil One- my bestest girlfriend

got the same thing last week. Just resigned in and everything is still fine. Just don't pay attention to it.