1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wildlife Artist does amazing work!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Jaz, Feb 12, 2007.

1. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

man talk about forgetting everything - i used to do this all of the time (before foam) - i am going to give it a try - ozark woods has changeout heads for about $11 - should be no problem to hot glue 2 wires in to make connection to body -- can make smooth transition with clay - who sells excelsior

be nice if wa would come on and help us flunkies

2. LTravis

LTravis New Member

I know wayne was talking about comming up with his own line of manikins for cats a few years ago so I`m not so sure he wraps all of them...I would be interested in trying it myslef tho--how in the world do ya get muscle detail, tendions, and all that stuff in there?? I know that stuff isn`t that critical on commercial mounts but on comp mounts they`ll pick ya to pieces if it`s not there...I`ve often thought of making molds for just the body of the form then making different legs for different positions..It`s hard to get WA to talk much about his processes---trust me I have tried getting his photo secrets from him..lol...:)

3. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

I'd like his selling secrets LOL. 2000$ for a bobcat with buyitnow!

I'd bet if I did a fox mount as good as he does and had it on ebay, that bidding would be sparce- ebay people can be so goofy. It wouldn't take much more for me to do such a fox mount either. It must be the photography.

4. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

He has a reputation on Ebay as a top taxidermist, who commands top prices for his mounts. And anyone who can REALLY appreciate work of that caliber is glad to pay for it...since I'm poor I'll just have to look at my own semi professional work and dream. LOL I have emails sent from Ebay everytime he puts something new on there...LOVE his work, and he knows his subjects.

5. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

yes, I've wrapped bodies before. I've also carved, cast, sculpted, altered, and done whatever works for a good end result. I try not to limit myself with just commericially-produced forms. Nothing wrong with them at all, but I like to have the freedom to create a piece that flows with the base. Here are a few pictures of how things start. Don't be afraid to experiment.

george p likes this.
  6. LTravis

LTravis New Member

WA--Do you keep the last toe bone attached to the claw?? I notice you have them snipped at the joint before the claw. I`ve been wanting to try doing this by cleaning the bone and building it back up...got hit on my feet a couple years ago at the competition and the Judge suggested I do that..Thanks for the picts...Hope to see ya on Ebay soon---I`m shutting down my local business and getting back to the basics again---in other words enjoying taxidermy on my time...got 8 deer left to do...freezers full of cats!!

7. Kiwi

Kiwi New Member

WA good to see your still around :) I have often wondered where the master of cats got to ;) hope all's well with you and your family over there.

all the best
    Kiwi

8. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

You're not a taxidermist....you ARE an artist. To be able to sculpt the cat back to the way it was is truly a gift. I'm always inspired by your work....you're my hero !!!

9. paul e

paul e New Member

awesome look

10. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

WA, do you make your own earliners, use filler, or use a commercial comp quality earliner? Your cat ears are so CRISP and thin. Excellent!

So when are you getting a national or world title with a bobcat? LOL

11. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

bringing this back out . too dusty! lol

12. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Simply amazing,stunning,awesome,fantastic,sick,or any other adjective you can use!! Absolutely unfair!! Hat's off wa!!!