1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 11-12 2010 the new decade!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 11-12 2010 the new decade!!!

Week # 11 12 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A great start to a new decade in the century of the new millennium 2010!

A very warm hello from Hinsdale New Hampshire!! I want to wish you all friends and all of the inspired artist the best of the new decade to come! I wish and pray for you all to genuinely have a successful year in 2010

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another.

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you every week in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start of the week recognizing those who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past weeks this week in fish pictures!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

I don’t typically post my own work here often so I thought I would share a few for the New Year. I hope to share some inspiration and a few pictures of some work I have been doing for clients and for some new educational works. I would like to share a large Musky with you,that I have recently completed for a client in great state of WI. (also the home of my in-laws).
    I want also to share some pictures of the work we have been doing for instructional aids for a new series of workshop DVDs! I hope you enjoy the fish work!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!

So with out further ado let's get week # 11 –12 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! # 11 –12 Enjoy!

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

Here is a Musky 50 plus inches
    Customer fish picture
    [​IMG]

Fishing some detail head work
    [​IMG]

Ready for customer
    [​IMG]

Here is a Beautiful Steelie Reproduction of a classic Dave Campbell Steelhead one of my winter favorites I did for the new instructional DVDs.

[​IMG]

Last is a Giant Black Crappie reproduction from Lake Country Replica’s I have completed for the instructional series coming very soon.

[​IMG]

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Waaaaaaaayyyyy cool Rick!!!!

Here is a start of a fish that I will hopefully post either later this week, or next week. Its a detail shot of some beginner paint work!!! I painted every single scale by hand by brush. Its a combination of a pearl color and silver. Applied Wet. I went crosseyed a few times, but it was hopefully worth it. Lighting and pic not the best. LOL>

Jimmy!

Attached Files:

3. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Looks like a snook.

4. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    I gotta say that musky is the best I have seen.!!!! Looking fwd to the instruct dvd's as well !!

5. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

That is one heck of a musky!!

6. Jimmy Lawrence

Paul,
    SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

well, thats a good sign I guess. its my first one ever. hope it turns out.

7. Sarmite

Sarmite Active Member

LV
    Cod ~20kg Skin mount
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. DSalters

DSalters New Member

First Smallmouth:

Turned out a bit darker than I had hoped, but still OK nonetheless. (I am my worst/best critic and can make a whole list of issues that I know are wrong with it.) On the next few, I am going to lighten them up a bit first. Lots of complexity in the colors with powders, pencils, and paint used.

Attached Files:

9. Sarmite

Sarmite Active Member

LV
    Wolf Fish, Skin mount with casted fins
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Lake Ontario Brown Trout
    28"x 21"- 15.5 lbs.
    MBNT-18

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. DanB

DanB New Member

Nice fish Rich, Looks like I may start to order some blanks from you, they look pretty good.
    Here's a SM Bass skin mount and a LM Bass replica for a couple clients.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. alexm

alexm New Member

Here's mine a repo brookie Great week
    Alex M

Attached Files:

13. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

great fish this week

14. Real nice fish this week keep up the great work fellows
    Andy

15. Jimmy Lawrence

Dan,

EVERY SINGLE BASS YOU POST BLOWS MY FLIPPIN MIND. Probably what amazes me the most is your so darn consistent with pulling them off. Every time.

Always nice. Even your smallies. But your lmb are still numero uno in my books. You do the best skinmounts and reproduction largemouths that I have ever seen personally. I don't know why, but they are sweet to me!

Good job everyone else as well!!

16. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

Dan definitely has some damn good largemouth skills!!!

17. Turbo_D16Z6

Turbo_D16Z6 New Member

Hey, nice work everyone. This is my contribution for the week.
    [​IMG]

18. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

DanB...

...wow

19. bad at taking pictures, but here's a crappie! great work this week, these fish are amazing!

[​IMG]

20. and a toothy critter!

[​IMG]