1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 11-12 2010 the new decade!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jan 9, 2010.

1. greener

greener New Member

Great rock bass there!!! In my crappie spot as soon as the rock bass move in the crappies stop bitting, its so frustrating but they do put up a fight!!!

2. curtisholson

curtisholson New Member

JP, you are correct, it is a Brown Trout, I caught it at about 11:30 at night using a sculpin, on a river you could jump across in some spots. Weighed in just under 13 Lbs. and 32" long.

3. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

That RockBass is absolutely awesome from the fish to the attachment to the simple but eye catching display--outstanding job.

4. Love the Musky Rick!!!!

Dan great couple of bass!!!!

Rich, sweet lake Brown!!

Timjo thats probably the best little rock bass I've seen. I got ready to keep one for myself when I was up at Rick's house but I didn't/ Now I wish I had. Nice job man!!!!

5. Awsome fish this week
    Lots of luck guys
    Andy

6. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

love that rock bass

7. Manny

Manny New Member

Love the Rock Bass !

Im glad someone kept one of those bait stealers ;D

8. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Randy I love your gar and bass awesome work man and Timjo that rock bass is real you need to quit using real fish for your posts man.

9. deerlvr

deerlvr Member

Nice work everyone. Timjo really nice rockbass. Really nice job.

10. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Rick,
    Your work is always inspirational...wow. You are a little too humble to post more of your work but I enjoy and can appreciate the amount of detail work that goes into each. Love the bass Dan, both are great. Travis, Jimmy,and others, excellent fish and Timjo, yeah, that "redeye" looks awesome.........

11. Speckled Trout

Speckled Trout Member

"That RockBass is absolutely awesome from the fish to the attachment to the simple but eye catching display--outstanding job. "

Exactly what he said! Freakin' sweet!

12. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

Dan, Wow, what a smallmouth!!! Timjo, Wow, what a rock bass!!!

13. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    Thank you for all your kind words.
    Tim

14. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

A new paint job on an older mount..

Attached Files:

15. of

of New Member

Nice fish everybody,
    here is a funny mount that will start a collection of saltwaterfish, that I have to do for a big museum of natural history in Germany. It is called Lutjanus bohar and I think it is some sort of snapper. The blank is only 9 inches (having fun scale tipping). I put a refrence pic behind. It is a 360° mount and there are hangers attached on the top of the fish because they will hang it in some sort of background. Eyes are still life lenses. This museum job will keep me in work for the rest of the year.

Greeting from Germany

Oliver

Attached Files:

16. Very well done!!!

17. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Well done Oliver- colorful fish. Ollie

18. akairman

akairman New Member

did this for my grandfather. its my mold and cast, hand painted with still life lense.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. DanB

DanB New Member

Dave, Its one of Bevs blanks. Not sure the model number, but it is around 24" 10lb. or so

I agree on that Rock Bass. That is one pleasing to the eye display !!! Nice work.

20. [​IMG]