1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My mount on swivel wall pedistal, habitat and sheds

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by Critter, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Critter

Critter New Member

Thought some might be interested in the wall pedistal with Habitat I just made so I could incorporate the bucks sheds with it. Its made of old barn wood and all the new cuts are hidden using a rusty metal strip stolen from my wifes horse drawn wagon in the front yard ;D (she has no idea) One of the hangers is a rusty barn hinge and the dirt was made using redried coffee grounds mixed with leaf litter, pete moss and pine needles mixed with elmers and water. The whole leaves were dipped in elmers and water, dried and hot glued down. I added a few twigs and pine cones and some fake green sprouts. The mount can be rotated left or right its a Joe coombs manikin
    [​IMG]
    back side and habitat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Critter

Critter New Member

Tough croud :-\ Im feeling no Love here ;D

3. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I think it looks real nice :)

4. trapperfred

trapperfred New Member

looks good

5. It looks pretty good. The swivel is a creative idea. Nice to be able to change up the look without having to move the mount around.
    Not sure i'm sold on the hanger though. Kind of looks like an after thought,,,,,,,,,,, takes a little away from the piece,,in my opinion.