1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

cool and oddball colored coyotes

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Binx390, Jan 10, 2010.

1. coyotegirl

coyotegirl New Member

silver rose, yours looks almost like a german shepard/yote mix. just a guess

2. Here's a coyote pelt I used to have a while ago. Sold it and now wish I had it!

[​IMG]

3. Binx390

Binx390 New Member

WOW thats a pretty white coyote, I have a whiteish one. It is really pretty, I wanted it for a mount but sadly it has wayy to many flaws, but I still went ahead and mounted the face. It came out pretty good, but the muzzle has some slips and I havent painted or detailed anything. Eye holes were very enlarged but came out alright, the tan didn't hydrate well either. Has blue husky eyes, I thought they looked cool
    anyway here he is.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. bowkill

bowkill New Member

x2 but i've been hunting coyotes for more than 15 yrs, at least in my area and i would imagine most you won't see a lot like you see here most will fit into the light too dark grey with no mistaking what they are. Thats why they get excited when they see a variation!

5. I try to buy coyotes from all over the country that have that something special look to them . I have found they come in all kinds colors and shapes. I am more partial to the red/orange phase than any simply because their colors just jump out at you. Here are just a handful of some I have done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. grf68

grf68 Member

MA
    Thanks Bowkill,I was hoping that was the case.I didn't even know that coyotes came in this many colors.The only ones I've ever seen where the lighter colored ones.

7. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

Haha, it does. Has a huge tail and when I get it I'm going to check if it's nails are clipped and if it has collar marks. My friend told me it was coyote german shepherd too. Got the body of a coyote with the colour of a shepherd.

8. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

Caught today...

Attached Files:

10. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Bringing this thread back to the top with a coyote shot today. Posting these pics for somebody that does not frequent taxidermy.net, but when he showed me the pics I knew I had to share them here. red or orange phase? either way its beautiful

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Beauty! That's for sure!

John.

12. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

This one looks like the howling yote that muckland showed above. Been trying to figure out if there's a term for a yote like this. Anyone know?

[​IMG]

13. Sashakittythegreat

Sashakittythegreat Beginner Taxidermist(2 mounts down)

hybrid.

14. My husband shot this one last year, it's going to be part of our blanket ;D

Attached Files:

15. x2 definitely

Maybe a coyodog or a coyowolf.

16. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Here are some photos of a few I have for sale in the forsale section. The first two are SUPER rare leucistic yotes which are as rare as an albino. they have no black what so ever on them. Even the whiskers and tip of the tail are white. Also no black on the nose, eye lids, and lips! super cool!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a couple of blonde beauties not as rare as the leucistic but still very rare.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here is an amazing black. he has a great blaze on his chest and some cool white socks.

[​IMG]

here is a really cool glacier silver color that we sold earlier in the year.

[​IMG]

17. roadkillonroute3

roadkillonroute3 New Member

i have a beautiful white coyote pelt i got when i was in alaska. will post pictures soon! i am going to turn him into a headdress.

18. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

Show us the headdress when you're done! I've made a few myself and am always interested to see others as well!

19. What... I'm jealous. lol I didn't know you had a white coyote pelt. I'm still waiting for the day a really nice one shows up on here.