1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ohio Taxidermy Championships 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by jim tucker, Jan 11, 2010.

1. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

March 26th through 28th, 2010
    The 2010 Ohio State Taxidermy Championships
    Sponsored by <A HREF="http://www.ohiotaxidermists.com/">The Ohio Taxidermists Association</A>
    Mid Ohio Conference Center, Mansfield, OH
    Contact Rod Tennant at (330) 231-8508, e-mail the OTA or visit the OTA website at www.ohiotaxidermists.com.

All the details are finally set for the 2010 Ohio Taxidermy Championships in March 26, 27, 28 in Mansfield ohio.

Judges

Bill Yox - Wt Deer
    Terry Weick - Fish
    Ron Ball - Mammals/Gameheads
    Craig Ciola - Birds

Amateur judges

Ed Piaskowski - deer
    Dave Jettinghoff - Mammals/gameheads
    Jim Giggi - Birds
    Jim Tucker - Fish

Seminars

Dave Jettinghoff - Small Mammal Mounting
    Lee Maxwell - Turkey Head Painting
    Ed Piaskowski—WT Deer Finishing
    Terry Weick—Fish Molding Techniques
    Bob Peters and Rick Dunlap—Cape Preparation
    Speed Mounting Contest
    Dennis Harris - Taxidermy Air
    Brian Banbury - Bird Mounting Techniques
    Jim Wendt—Fish Mounting/Finishing Techniques
    Jeff Pusateri—WT Deer Mounting

The Mid-Ohio Conference Center is a fantastic venue and we have a GREAT hotel rate of $64.95 a night...and it is a NICE place. Last year we had 232 entries and are looking to best that this year. Plus you MASTERS need to win a Medallion.

Hope to see you there

For details go to

www.ohiotaxidermists.com

2. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Things are looking good

3. Kastaway

Kastaway Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

Need help for those going to the Ohio show

I need your help. As you might know I will be exhibiting at the Ohio show next week. I am in dire need for all the magazines, catalogs, junk mail, white paper, etc., things you do not need. In short, my mother, who has helped me all these years at the studio, waiting on customers, sewing all the bear rugs, etc. will me 96 in a few months. She had her eyes operated on and for the last 5 months has been all messed up from the chemicals they used in the operation. She is finally coming out of it and her joy is to be back at work, shredding. I am recycling all these papers and need a lot, for she has been back at work for the last 5 weeks, every day. I got here a commercial shredder that can work all day, and she is in heaven while doing it, in fact looking forward to work each day. Anything those attending the show can bring to the show would be greatly appreciated, Cabalas catalogs, magazines, etc. I will be recycling it as well. This is a way to to really help someone that needs it. I can not thank you enough for your help, and she thanks you. I will have my van so I can handle them.

4. Re: Need help for those going to the Ohio show

Joe,

I cannot believe your mother will be 96. I know last time I was at your shop, about 12+ years ago she was working away on rugs and was as spry as a 30 year old woman. I still, to this day, have fond memories of your shop store front and showroom from my youth, growing up in the next town over from you. I still have some family on the outskirts of Garfield Heights, Northfield Center and Hudson.
    I need to make it a point to get by and see you both this fall. Will be in touch.

Kind regards,
    Mary

5. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Heath Coming to Ohio

Heath coming to get my jacket, You know the one that has the greatest college basketball teem in the USA LOL.
    And some of them sweet awards you guys love to give us IN boys LOL. ;D
    Cant wait to see all my friends in Ohio.......
    How many of you Taxidermy Net ers are going?

6. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Re: Heath Coming to Ohio

It's FINAL! I'm coming! I will be there. I will be getting there Wednesday sometime. Anyone going to be around to help with some mounts? I sure will need it and would greatly appreciate it. I'm excited and I am going to look for a list of suppliers that are going to be there too so I can make my shopping list. LOL Later, Dan

7. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio

Doug, glad you are coming to the show. But I gotta ask, what year are you talking about when you are mentioning that b-ball team ?? LOL

Dan it is good to hear you will be able to make it !! If you are going to be here on Wednesday, you do know that mount registration does not start till Friday at noon don't you ?? Myself & some others will be there on Thursday afternoon/evening to get some much needed rest before the show starts. And yes we will be able to help with your mounts.

8. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

I will be their Friday, leaving here at 10 and will get their sometime around 11. Just got to finish getting the speed deer (I think I bit off more then I can chew on this LMAO, oh well it will still be fun) around then I am all set for this weekend.

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

I will see you guys around 11 or so. Be safe guys and I will see you soon.

10. Re: Heath Coming to Ohio

Go get em' Doug. ;)

11. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Heath, Yeah thanks. I will be there on Thursday not Wednesday. Oops :eek: I sure do appreciate the help fellas. Is there going to be a UTA booth there? I plan on signing up for my lifetime membership. Thanks, Dan

12. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[email protected] B+______><(((°>______><(((°>

Is there a list of vendors somewhere that will be attending the OH show? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

13. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

We are gonna start warming up the bus to head down from Michigan.

Looks like we got us a convoy!

14. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Things didn't get tied up enough for me to get them up. I still don't know for sure who all will be there. I do know that there are around 30 vendors that will be there.

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

If you see this guy at the Ohio show,, please don't punch him in the nose,,,,,, he plans on being there, and he will behave.

Attached Files:

• t.jpg
      t.jpg
      File size:
      13.9 KB
      Views:
  16. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Another "Northerner" coming down......Uh OH

17. Doug Motgomery

If I new you was coming Paul I would of stay home and save my money LOL..........Not
    See ya there

18. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

If you stay at home Doug, then you can't laugh at my deer. I am still learning, Bill will have to use both sides of the score sheet for my deer.

19. Doug Motgomery

Your going to see some awesom deer mounts at the show, and I know yours will be one of them.. Good Luck Paul.....See ya there

20. Matt

Matt Active Member

Glad to hear you are coming Paul, it will be a great show.