1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ohio Taxidermy Championships 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by jim tucker, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Re: Terrific Ohio Show!!

Wow what a busy show! I felt like I judged for three or four days. I got to say hello to a ton of old and new friends but missed so many more. I met many taxinetters...you know its kinda fun, they always start with "You dont know me, but...". Too funny. I hope I made some folks happy, I realize Ill always dissappoint a few others, but theyll know Im doing whats best either way. Over 300 mounts, that show rocked. The board did well, the facility did well, and the participants were great. I missed the night life if there was any, and wish there was a central meeting place like a restaurant or bar, etc, but still, all A pluses as far as a successful show. I enjoyed working with my fellow judges too. I finally critiqued my last mount about an hour and a half after the show was done.

2. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio

William there was a central meeting place, at the very same hotel you stayed at. We were there Friday night & Saturday night. Hell me, Tucker & Psycho were there on Sat. till 4:45 a.m. HAHA

3. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

We all met in the conference room at the hotel. BYOB and there was a plenty.

We left around 2:30 am

4. Dave H

Dave H New Member

ohio

Yeah I had a great time, got to meet a couple of Taxinet people and saw a few more I didn't meet.

I have to say that Bill was a very good judge from what I could tell. I have had several experiences with judges, and I thought Bill did an outsatnding job. I tried to convince him that my Deer had some birth defects but he didn't buy it.

Dennis Harris had some awesome work there, I was very impressed with all of his stuff.

I got to see some of baily's work as well, she is one extremely talented individual. I wonder if she does any paintings of anything that is not dead :eek:

5. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

lol why does everyone ask that?? i CAN do portraiture, landscape, wildlife, ect... its just the still dead specimens that really interest me

6. ed150

ed150 deer city time

Re: More pictures from the Ohio Show- (Slide Show)

nice pics thanks for posting :)

7. Ohio show Thank You!

My first time at the Ohio show and I wanted to thank all of the Officers, Board Members and people that put the show on. It was great! You all can be proud of the work you put in to it.

I saw some great taxidermy work, but I have some highlights that I wanted to provide.
    1) The speed deer mounting contest. That was a great event and fun to watch. Besides Trashfish winning, a big highlight of the weekend.
    2) The location/facility. Great. Easy to get in and out of and plenty of room for the event.
    3) Toby the auctioneer. He knows how to work a crowd.
    4) Rod, the outgoing president. GREAT job running the awards presentation. You kept it flowing and moving.
    5) Being able to see Bailey VanKirk's art work live in person and meeting Bailey. Your work is stunning in person. Get some prints made so we all can enjoy.

It was fun hanging out with all my Michigan homies too. You all did good.

8. Re: More pictures from the Ohio Show- (Slide Show)

some great mounts there, thanks for sharing.

9. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Sure Heath, NOW you guys tell me about a meeting room. I guess I see whats going on, lol. They sent me to the other party like on the nerds movie. Uh huh. Dave, your work was nice too, birth defects and all! I know others at the show enjoyed viewing your short haired deer head as much as I did.

10. Re: Terrific Ohio Show!!

I was in the conference room till about 3:45 sunday morning, then the morgan bottle told me it was time to go!!! It was awesome meeting new people. I can't wait till next year!

11. Dave H

Dave H New Member

ohio

Baily

I bet you could do some awesome wildlife drawings ( live stuff) I used to do some pencil drawings as well as a few oil paintings so i can really appreciate what it takes to do what you do.

12. RumRunner

RumRunner Nicholas Dugas, (337) 205-1269

Re: pics from the ohio show

thanks for the pics B

13. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Re: Ohio show Thank You!

Good to talk to you Doug.Had a great time,Hope to see you next year....

14. HIGH HOPES

HIGH HOPES Member

Re: pics from the ohio show

Thanksfor showing pictures exspecially the turkeys...

15. HIGH HOPES

HIGH HOPES Member

Re: More pictures from the Ohio Show- (Slide Show)

nice pictures thanks for showing..

16. Heath Cline

Ohio
    Re: 2010 Ohio Taxidermist Association Award Winners List

Joe it was great to see you & the whole "Up North Group" back again this year !! ;D
    We always look forward to having to you guys attending our show. You guys & other out of state competitors are one reason our show was a big success !!

17. Re: Ohio show Thank You!

It was good to meet you too Doug, and all the Indiana boys.

18. Heath Cline

Ohio
    Re: Ohio Taxidermist Association State Champion Winners pictures !!

Here are some more pics of the 304 entries we had this year.
    Enjoy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Kastaway

Kastaway Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

Re: Link to some NICE photos from the Ohio show.

Jim, that was a great show. Meet some great people, and was treated extremely well. Will always remember your comment when you came to say hello at my booth, "Yea, I have been up to your studio.......when I was a little kid!!!

20. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Re: 2010 Ohio Taxidermist Association Award Winners List

No doubt. I wish we had more time to kick back and BS. THAT is what we need to work on the MOST!! :D