1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ohio Taxidermy Championships 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by jim tucker, Jan 11, 2010.

1. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Re: Ohio show Thank You!

What is this?? The DOUG thread :D

And you are correct ?Doug? it is a pity that trashfish won...ruined the whole event ;D;D

2. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Re: Terrific Ohio Show!!

They POSE better right??

Did you like all the sharpie sigs on your paining? ;D

3. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Re: Link to some NICE photos from the Ohio show.

Just trying to make you feel young. ;D

4. Re: Link to some NICE photos from the Ohio show.

Great pictures, thanks

5. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Re: 2010 Ohio Taxidermist Association Award Winners List

Jim, we tried to to our part to help out.

6. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Planning for next year right now.

7. WildlifeLady

WildlifeLady Member

Ohio
    Ohio Show-Special Thanks

I would like to thank all of the people who helped with my booth when I had to leave due to my mother's accident. All in all it was a very successful weekend for me as well. I look forward to next year! Thanks so much for all of your help!

Todd and his wife at Trophybones
    Larry, Brian, and Rudy from Ohio Taxidermy
    Dan Clark-Vice President

8. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Re: Ohio Show-Special Thanks

Nice work on your panels.

9. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Re: 2010 Ohio Taxidermist Association Award Winners List

Joe, we know you guys did !! We just wish we could have done more to help you out ;D ;D
    That's a heavy burden to carry by yourself !! LOL
    We are working on a solution to help fix that problem !!
    Stay tuned.............

10. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Jim, I am after that title next year ::) Maybe one of us Doug's should at least go for it. ;D

11. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

JIM,
    Next year I'll try to use my whole 90 minutes.I had enough time left over I thought about starting my finish work.LOL!!!

12. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

I think you pounded on them ears for 80 minutes , and mounted in the other ten....LOL

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I liked how Trashfish spotted the Ohio boys, let them get a head start, he had that all planned.

14. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

We have figured out a way to make the SPEED in speed deer count for something. details to come. should make it even MORE interesting.

15. Re: Ohio show Thank You!

They get an extra bead for every minute prior to 90 that they finish.
    Finish=hands off

16. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

First 5 to finish get voted on, the rest are out.

or

The winner gets to destroy the rest!

17. TOBY B

TOBY B New Member

Doug Thanks and glade you liked the auction..... I myself had a great time with it. Thanks to you all that was there and helped the O.T.A. out. It was a great show.. Also asfar as the speed mounting that was the greatest thing Iv done yet. So thank you to all who went over things with that deer I was done in plenty time was Im game for what ever for next year. If I can get in it.... Again thanks to the O.T.A. guys and gals for all there hard work Toby Burdette

18. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

WOW! Finally back from OHIO!

1st of all I would like to say thank you to My buddies Jim Tucker, Heath Cline, Michael P, Brian Claar, Lou Bellman and Bill "F" Yox! I'm happy to say I have a lot more friends I could list from the show but I don't feel like typing that much. I just got back and have been doing some reading, trying to catch up! I had 24 phone messages and 160 emails! Thank you to the entire Ohio Taxidermy Association board and the wives/ girlfriends (just in case) that helped with everything. You all should be very proud in the show that you put on! I think your show is so great because the board bust their rear ends making it happen, listen to input as well as ask for it and on top of it all, they make it happen. You even work with those out of state guys just in case something was to arise beyond their control and I personally really appreciate it (Mr. tucker you know what I mean). From the ladies running the desk, the children's seminars, the board members setting up the competition room and supply area, list of judges you compiled and everything in between that we just aren't aware of, you all did great. I am very happy that I made the show and got to meet some new people, (friends now) and of course I got to see some old friends as well.
    My wife and I talked about the show and being only the third show she has ever gone with me to, she too really enjoyed herself. She can be quite uneasy around crowds but hell she was at home with that Ohio clan. No one ran around acting like a snob or that they were better than each other and she noticed that compared to other shows she has gone to with me. Now if an "outsider" pursae can see that, then just think what maybe new people to the industry must feel as well when they go to shows. They may feel the same thing at other shows. Ohio you did EXCELLENT. I imagine your show is so big because you are all just a like a big happy family. I think it really makes a difference. Of course all I hear about is this dang blanket she won at the auction (That dang auctioneer waited for me to leave the room, you know who you are) ;) and my kids really liked the fact that Uncle Bill signed it. ;) ;D It was the first signature that they picked out, even though I hate to admit it. Heck when my wife showed the kids my signature on it they were like, "so what"... :p I think Bill has brain washed my family and they think he is a nice guy.
    Now I could go on and on about the great things about the Ohio show but I think you all owe it to yourself to go to one of their shows and see why their show is so big. I bet we will be back next year if she has anything to do with it... LOL You know the only thing she said was missing from the show was Michael P and Miranda. She was really hoping to see them both there. Well for now it's late and I'm tired so here is a link to some of my pics which I am sure you saw most of them from the other 100 OHIO threads.. :p I know I'll add more to this thread and others laterr but I'm tired...

Oh by the way Jim, I'm a huge KISS fan....

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/originalpsycho/Ohio%20Show%20March%202010/

19. psycho

Hey it was nice meeting all you guys, yeah even Joe! I had a blast and look forward to seeing you all again. Maybe we can all get together again at the WTC in 2011! St. Charles Missouri start planning now.... ;)

Toby, don't forget brother that Voyer gator DVD is awesome and will walk you right through everything you need to know. Other than the knowledge there all you need is good reference pics and some rub on paints. ;) Need anything drop me a line, you know how to find me. ;)

Me and the wife had a great time in Ohio. I think I still owe ya Toby for selling that blanket it to her after I left the room though.... ;) She hasn't stopped talking about it! 8)

Later, Dan

20. psycho

Re: Ohio Taxidermist Association State Champion Winners pictures !!

Too funny Heath. Hey I figured it out. You made us wear that jacket since we were all out of state because the local people even know better to put that thing on! They didn't want to be embarrassed and you thought by tricking us then maybe you could tell people that we were from Ohio. I have just one thing to say.....

FIGHTING ILLINI! ;D :p We had a blast thanks man... Until next year... Dan