1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"Lifesize Mammals 6"

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Red stag, Feb 13, 2007.

1. LTravis

LTravis New Member

Ken---Man your wearing me out just looking at those pictures...I`m still waiting for the moment to arrive when I actually enjoy altering forms..lol..kewl stuff

2. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Ken, that re-creation you are working on I initially thought it could be a gorilla. Now I'm not too sure. I'm wondering if you are thinking of doing something that is noted for it's "foot prints" all over the globe?

3. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

I first thought if anyone was going to do a Megatherium,(Giant Sloth) it would be Ken Walker, but this is "Gorilla" looking , not sloth, so maybe a big silverback,get the right grizzly fur and it's going to look fantastic, or Bigfoot and work some Musk Ox hide on it, but I don't think it would look that apey ?, if that's a word.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

The nose should give it away. The lowland has a wider nose whereas the mountain gorilla is narrow and lower.The fur should be easier too because it`s blacker. As far as bigfoot, I would make a Gigantapithicus as they have been proven to exist. If you look at the comparisons they seem like the same thing!!Creepy eh!!

5. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Sloth no, Bigfoot, because of how creative Ken is, was what I thought may have been a possibility. The world probably couldn't handle seeing photos of something like that, they would never believe it wasn't real. The gorilla I'm sure is going to look fantastic, and I'll have to wait to see it in the magazines when it finally comes out.

6. I finally found a nice 'coon to mount on an Ivan Harvey form I bought several years ago. Getting the layout of the base now. That's a 'baby' Jersey Devil skull in the lower right. LOL

[​IMG]

7. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Beautiful Coon!

8. great pics

9. Cooner

Cooner New Member

awsome coon i like that form

10. Jan

Jan New Member

The work you guys and gals do is so awesome! Keep up the great pictures, it's a inspiration for us beginners. I see many of you will be at the Grand Rapids convention. I can't wait to see your work!

11. countryboy36

countryboy36 New Member

ohio
    man i am just starting to take school on wendsday but i can only hope to end up just a 1/4 of all of your talents my jaw just dropped with all your hard work keep it up makes me want to learn even more and try that much harder thanks for sharing.

12. *

The Welding stage.........

13. AndyB

AndyB New Member

WOW * thats all i can say WOW!!!!!

14. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Awesome job* Love to see that mount ! ::)

15. LTravis

LTravis New Member

Looks toxic..he he he...crazy how much time it takes to pull something off like that..kewl stuff

16. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

* you need to bring that piece to Reno in April! :eek:

17. *
    Amazing idea for a mount! Is that a client's....how much time will you have in that when it is done?

Here's a little otter & harlequin project to add to the mix...I'll

18. ...post a couple other angles

19. head shot...

20. *

20 hours in form alteration on all three and weldling.
    6 hours in prep.
    20 hours to mount the three.
    8 hours in Finishing.
    15 hours in the base.
    About 80 hours.
    Clients mount, yes.