1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wolves finally finished

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by ccook63, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Here are a couple of wolves for a client that I have been working on for quite sometime but done as I am going to get them. I had some help mounting the wolves from Brian Jones. Thanks Brian.
    Please let me know what you think.
    The base is custom built from the ground up by myself that was a lot of work. I think the rock rocks.

Attached Files:

2. Brando24

Brando24 Member

Really cool, thanks for sharing

3. psehunter

psehunter New Member

really cool, i hope to get to work on something like that someday.

4. huntiholic

huntiholic Member

well from what i can tell in the second picture the feet are filled too full of clay, or just might be shaped incorrectly but they dont look quite right to me.. ???

5. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Gotta love that.

6. Thats cool

7. Interesting how you nade the blood drip from the mouth...stunning effect

8. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

The feet look to be a little over filled, and the snarl wrinkles are going the wrong direction, the skin won't wrinkle that way when he snarls. Grooming is a little rough. Eyes are too round, they should be squinted more for the attitude. Notice how the pupils are touching the upper eyelid on the live wolf, and how yours are more toward the bottom eyelid, it gives a completely different attitude. The left ear is too high on the head, you've detached the ear canal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. I would be interested to know how you made the blood drip...care to elaborate on the process?

10. wilkie

wilkie New Member

For the blood try red tepera paint mixed with any two part clear epoxy like Epo-grip 7 minute kick epoxy.

11. wilkie

wilkie New Member

That's red Tempera paint.

12. how do you get it to set without making a mess and form the drip?

13. Thanks for all the comments. As far as the blood dripping from the mouth it is jaw juice with some paint mixed in it. I see what you mean by the snarls in the picture Jerry. Next time I will use my reference better. For the feet also they do look a little big in the picture.

14. tjaxtax

tjaxtax Member

Looks cool. I would hate to walk up on those two.

15. nitt

nitt Member

I would like to have them in my cross hairs