1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Montana Taxidermists Association Convention 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

March 25th through 28th, 2010
    The <A HREF="http://montanataxidermists.com/">Montana Taxidermists Association</A> Convention & Competition
    Red Lion Colonial Inn, Helena, MT
    Contact <A HREF="http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=4378">Paul Klar</A> at 406-436-2145, Bruce Babcock at 406-752-4504, or <A HREF="http://montanataxidermists.com/">visit the MTA website</A>.

2. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Thanks Ken.

3. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

Just a few short weeks away. Shaping up to be a great show. Don't miss it. More info at:

www.montanataxidermists.com

4. jasonb

I am working on my piece now. Can't wait.

5. Just a couple days away. Doing a couple of finishing touches, can't wait
    James

6. jasonb

Got my piece all finished up today and will crate it up tomarrow for the trip to Helena, I am excited to meet you all and look forward to the good show.

7. jasonb

Homeform Helena, Montana Taxidermist You all ROCK.

I finished my piece yesterday afternoon, and I didn't get as much done as I really wanted to, but I am satisfied with my work. I am looking forward to meeting everyone at the show and I would like to wish everyone good luck this weekend. And remember it is not about the ribbon, it is about the association. :)

Everyone that is close to Montana should try to make it to this show next year, the judges were great and the assocation really put on a GREAT show and I would like to send out a big thank you to the Montana Taxidermist Assocation for all of there hard work.

8. nate

nate Active Member

Re: Leaving for Helena, Montana Taxidermist here I com.

I love the great state of Montana! Keep trying to talk my wife into moving there. Wish I was going!

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

Good luck Jason, I am sure you will do fine. Ours is this weekend, and I am really looking forward to it. Godwilling, I won't be missing anymore of our shows!

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Go kick some a$$ Jason! Good luck.

11. double shovel

double shovel SilverWillowTaxidermy

We made it here and the steer did in one piece as well.There is a lot of nice work here,the quality level is up for sure from last year.Good to meet the nice people again.There are more entries than last year,I think the competition will be stiff but fun.

12. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

Good luck guys.

Can't wait to see the pictures

13. jasonb

Yep double shovels Steer is going to be kicking some azz here and there have been many comments on my Javilina, all I'm hearing is good stuff.LOL It really is a nice show, and Ken I hope you can make it next year because you are definitely missed this year. Judging is still going on so I am going to go see how much longer we have to wait.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes, I hope that all who are attending there respective state show worked hard, and learned much, as well as win big.

14. Re: Leaving for Helena, Montana Taxidermist here I com.

What do you mean by that Jason? ;) My husband is judging mammals this year and javalina's are our specialty specimen here in Arizona, not any that I know of in Canada...lol. ;)

Wish I could have come along to meet you and the other taxi-netters attending and reconnect with some old friends that I know are there also, but someone has to stay behind and run the shop! :)

15. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

Mary I met your husband and he is a very nice guy.
    We are having a blast here. Last night we bellied up to the bar with some real nice guys as well. Taxi.net was represented by myself, jasonb, double shovel, cast n blast and IDbatman. Couple of others there as well like Craig Lewis of the UTA, Tony Finazzo and Ralf but damnit I already forgot his last name.

This year the Montana Trappers Association and the Montana Outfitters Association have booths here . Always nice to see different organizations supporting each other.

Here are just a few of the hundreds of pictures I have taken. Plenty of room in the conference center to space things out this year and I really think that helped make individual mounts stand out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one of what I thought was the neatest drawings ever

[​IMG]

16. Patrick J

A couple more. The guys really brought a good selection of different mounts this year and double shovel I didn't realize that bull was yours......got my vote for sure

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Re: Leaving for Helena, Montana Taxidermist here I com.

I concur! ;)
    Some nice mounts and I also love that elephant ear painting! Looks like your judges will be busy until the wee hours of the morning.
    Too bad I couldn't make it Patrick, we could have done some early morning yard sales. :)

18. Patrick J

Mary I met your husband and made a fool out of myself cause nerves got the best of me and I got you confused with Nancy Crocker.LOL I wanted to personally thank you for the help that you gave me when I had to go see my buddy that is suffering with cancer, so thank you so much and if Chris is judging next year PLEASE make here also we would all love to meet you as well, and BTW I mounted that Javalina and forgot where you folks were from, but not to worry Chris seems like a good guy I am sure it will be an honest judging. Funny thing though it is the first one I have ever mounted.LOL This is jasonb on PatrickJ's account

19. Patrick J

Dang it Jason!!! That'll teach me to not log out.
    Mary if it was any warmer here I would be doing garage sales. Garage sale season is just around the corner and I can't wait!!

20. Re: Leaving for Helena, Montana Taxidermist here I com.

No worries Jason. Hey, I am flattered to be confused with Nancy. I do think we look a bit alike, also.

I knew the javie was yours, read your earlier post. And yes, Chris is as honest as the day is long and goes out of his way to help other taxidermists (you will see what I mean when you get your critique). He is asked several times a year, every year, to judge, but he was off the judging circuit for a few years as he has been busy with his business and sculpting for Research.

I like how the competition room is open to all during the judging.

If he does come back next year, I'm there, as we will be empty nesters with my last child off to college next fall.

Hey, I donated 2 rugging certificates if you or anyone have some rugs coming up.

Patrick...they are in full swing here! "I buy junk and sell antiques!" :) I keep forgetting it is cold and snowy in other states...lol.

Have fun all!