1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head of the Week. (Starting Friday, Jan. 17th)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by HOLMES, Jan 17, 2010.

1. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Hello and welcome to Game Head of the Week. Nice job last week guys. From beginners to the pros can share what they've been working on. You can post any game head it doesn't have to be a deer. No critiques please. This is just a place you can post with out fear. If you can email a pic but don't know how to post it you can email it to me and Ill post it for you. Thanks Brian Holmes

[email protected]

As you all have noticed I havent been on much. Ive just got to much going here at the shop mainly and in my personal life to keep up with this much. Kurt Rojemann has offered to run the show here for now so Im going to let him do it for as long as he wants to. Im not sure if it will be one week or for ever? But anyway just wanted to let you guys know. Talk to you all later, Holmes

2. these 2 went home this week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Nice deer there, Timbertrophies. :)

4. ayhunter

ayhunter New Member

S.C.
    Bow kill

Attached Files:

5. Twisted.

Twisted. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

No big buck for me this week, an 8 year old girls first deer.
    [​IMG]

6. THANKS.

7. #1 headhunter

#1 headhunter New Member

Ryan, that little girl will spend hours admiring her deer. nice job

8. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Twisted.

Thank you!

And Jerry, Thats a beautiful piece.

10. Boxie

Boxie New Member

One for this week's GHOTW !
    [​IMG]

11. Here's one that I just got finised. It was killed by my best friend's 10 year old son! Grossed 148". Mounted on a McKenzie 8400 form. I like the double throat patch.

Thanks,
    Dougie

Attached Files:

12. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

that is one lucky 10 year old

and i like that zebra Jerry Huffaker

13. DavidB

DavidB Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Two from this last week for a customer. They had almost identical capes. Left is a remount of a ND buck that was killed last year. Taxi lost or sold the opening week cape that was origionally on the buck. It was beautiful by the pics I saw and to bad it is gone. He got it back with a yearling WI Winter cape on it. Customers buddy got a buck in ND this year and gave him this cape. Not an opening week cape but a very pretty one... Right is a Montana buck he shot this year that had major potential. They think its a 2 1/2 year old deer (its on a 7x20) and is a main frame 6x6. He thought it was a 150-160 when he shot it going away from him in the tall grass. Good lookin mounts everyone. Kyle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Thanks for doin it Brian. If you give it up I'm sure there will always be someone who will take over. Nice seein the mounts every week. WCL

16. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Kyle, I love those deer mounts. Very clean and alive looking!

17. i just set up for a show here are some customers
    [​IMG]

18. Here is a removable shed project. Pure South Texas 4yr old. His 5th set also will be used with this mount.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. moosehorn

moosehorn New Member

Them some Huge Sheds Ron and nice mount.What do they score?Heres a Replica mount I did recently .

Attached Files:

20. Twisted.

Ron, thats outstanding!