1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How long is your average Work week?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Sarge, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Sarge

Sarge A little too much Lord *hic*

This is mainly for the part-timers but I know you full time guys go long weeks too. I am usually going 13 days lately then I have to take a down day or I get in a really bad mood and not much fun to be around. Today is one of those days I just shut it down.

Stapling a cape down dropped the stapler 5 times and then knocked the whole box of staples off the bench when I was trying to put them away.

I am done for the day I have to be at my regular job in 5 1/2 hours so I am taking a break

Jeff

2. Whats a week?

One project runs into another... One disaster after another... With livestock there are no weekends... and Everybody goes hunting on the weekends... so that screws that up... One or two days a month I usually just dissapear from the shop....

3. jbnf

jbnf New Member

It all runs together. I spend probably 15 to 20 hours a week doing taxidermy and 40 at my regular job.

4. about 55-60 per week when I am at home base (my normal hrs - but if crisis develops, can go much longer) - then after honey-do list is done, get to have time for taxidermy...

5. 30 - 35 hours. No other job, but I have my grandkids every morning before school and some on weekends (and enjoy every minute of it)!

6. 40 hours at my regular job and then another 30-35 hours at taxidermy from Dec through March. Then I am done with taxidermy until the fall.

Bruce

7. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I play around at work on average 50-60 hours per week. I work hard but play MUCH harder!

8. 40-50hrs... 60 when its deer season.

9. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

I work shift work in my other job, 6 days on then 4 days off and work 56 hours in those 10 days. Other than that I do taxidermy and would average about 50hrs taxidermy during those 10 days as well.

I get very tired as most days I only get 5-6 hours sleep but I can't blame anyone else as I'm the one who can't turn work away.

10. gab

gab Active Member

deer season over 80,off season only about 60-65

11. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I work at my rgular job 10-11 hours a day, 45 minute drive their nad 45 back.. 3-4 hours in the garage.. sometimes more.. 6 hours of sleep a night and back at it.. After about 30-45 days or so I hit a Wall.. Take a break, then back at it..

55hrs work
    30hrs shop

so roughly 85 hour work weeks..

12. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

40 hrs on my regular job, 20-30 hrs in the shop. Sometimes more sometimes less.

13. I dont care what the workload is life is too short. I have a billion things to mount, but they better fit into my schedule. I get up at 5:00, watch the news and have a couple cups of coffee. Get to the gym from about 6:30 till 8:30. Go home , change and then work in the shop till five, then its supper, relaxing, then either off to bed, or social gatherings. I only work between 7- 8 hours a day, monday through saturday. Sommers i only work till 3:00 because i fish a lot. I know many of you work much more hours, but I believe that life is too short, and if there is something fun to do, well the mount will still be there tomolrrow to finish> Eliiminate stress, live longer and enjoy life, we only have one of them, so use it too the fullest!

14. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

I work between 50-70 hours a week depending on the time of year and the financial needs.
    I am slightly shocked to see so many folks in the same boat as I am

Tom those are words to live by and hopefully I will live by them soon.
    Who knew being retired would be this busy. ;D

15. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

I like your way of thinking Tom, now if I could just stop taking in work and catch up abit :) :)

16. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Doors open Monday thru Sunday 9 to 6
    I arrive at 7:30 stay till 6:30 or later 7 days
    About 70 to 80 per week

17. AOTaxi

AOTaxi She's a keeper!

When construction is busy, I frame 40-45 hrs/week, and taxi work 10-12 hrs a week.
    when I am outta framing work, its 40-50 hrs a week in the shop to try and catch up for time lost at the regular job.
    I always look forward to a rain day so I can be in the shop!!

18. osage

osage New Member

Same as air Harris only 20 more hours a week on that about 24, 7 its great life

19. BWS

BWS New Member

40 hrs at "regular" job
    15 at taxidermy give or take a few
    5 at other part time job
    then the rest of my time is for husband, kids, housework and critters

20. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Full time job starts at 5:00am, usually dome at 2:00pm, taxidermy is all other time after that and weekends.