1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Any Oklahoma Apprentice openings??

Discussion in 'Training' started by Steven Keith, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Steven Keith

Steven Keith Guest

I know this is a long shot but I'll give it a try. Would anybody happen to know someone who's looking for an apprentice in Oklahoma? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steven

2. StevenOK

StevenOK New Member

I didn't realize I hadn't logged in before I posted a new thread.

3. StevenOK

StevenOK New Member

^^^

4. StevenOK

StevenOK New Member

5. StevenOK

StevenOK New Member

Read 178 times. I'll try a different angle. How about somebody in the OKC area that I can watch and learn from? I'm going to do some weekend work in January but it's a long way from home. Still gonna do it but I would like to have something a little closer to home, if possible.

Anyone????

Thanks,
    Steven

6. Ya I'd like to watch someone from oklahoma to--I live in Hobart,Oklhama but I'll travel to OKc or other places for a class or decent oppertunity to lear.So Steven if you find a teacher please send me a email or something and get me the guys info.

7. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Don't forget, January 24th at the fraternal order of police hall in OKC, the OKTA will be hosting their State Gamehead Mounting Championship. Right now there is about 15 of the state's best taxidermists signed up to mount everything from a Antelope to a Whitetail. You can walk around, watch, ask question and learn. It is a great learning experience. Check out the OKTA at: www.oklahomataxidermistsassociation.com. In Hobart, there is a guy named Paul Hollister that I am friends with. Check with him about helping out. Steve, Hal Clary is the guy you need to contact. Good Luck and hope to see you in January.

8. StevenOK

StevenOK New Member

Kenneth,

I haven't been able to find Hal's contact info. but I'm guessing I should wait until after football season. I would really like to talk with him. I will be there in January and look forward to meeting you and all the others.

9. ok but what should I say to him when I contact him.My father probably knows him due to law enforcement here for 20yrs but I eally don't wanna just drop by or anything without knowing much about him or anything but I found him in our phonebook and everything is he a taxidermist because there isn't an "official" buissiness or anthing here in Hobart.

10. Well I went to your site Baughman by chance do you know any of the kirtly's or glascocks of Anadarko.Dakota is an avid hunter and I wouldn't be surprised if he's came to you before and my aunt teaches at the school there her names rhonda and she has a very noticeable spiky hair and wears quit a bit of jelwry. I have quit a bit of family they are right outside of town and you turn left at "traders" the cafe baitshop place (hard to really explain I just hope you know where I'm refering to) but they live up there in the hills lots of my family lives in or near anadarko anyhow.

11. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Steve, Hal teaches at Noble High School. Weasel, Paul is a good guy. Just tell him you are interested in learning something about taxidermy and ask him if he has any tips. The old "hush-hush" taxidermists are few and far between anymore. There are not many secrets left anymore. Good Luck. I know your entire family, Dakota is in the shop regularly, I work with Rhonda, know Geneva, graduated with Brian, lived with Brian in College, the entire shooting match. Dakota's father and I are super good buddies.

12. Cool well maybe I can stop bye for a "busyness" and acquaintance visit at your shop next time there visiting.Maybe try to look at stuff you've done and get a couple tips and you never know I may come by with a hog or deer for you to take on.Pretty good hunting up there problems me getting the time to go.

13. And might you offer any "lessons" or anything when I get the time and everything I may come up and try to learn if so I'd be willing to pay reasonably.I'm just getting started with taxidermy ,but I'm an avid hunter myself just always skinned and salted my pelts.

14. Oh. and if you ask any of my family about me say "colt" I don't think they know I go by Weasel on my computer.

15. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    So, how are your related.

16. Genveva is my great grandmother Rhondas an aunt,dakotas my cousin.Uncle bob and aunt Wilda.(down the road from geneva).I come down fairly often not as much as I'd like but I try to visit when I can but ask about me and you'll definately get a responce and they may have a recent pic of my 105lb field dresed deer or 10 1/2 inch bearded Tom.I get up there every month or so but I have family from hobart that vsit once every week or two.

17. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Let's see. Geneva and Bill had a daughter???? and a couple of son's (Mark & ????). Then they raised Brian, who I graduated with and lived with in college. Brian is in Washington, OK now.

18. geneva (great grandmother) had Linda(grandmother)who now lives here in Hobart, brian ,and Scott who lives in chicashay.Then linda had Michelle who is my mother...So on and so forth..I see you said you work wiht Rhonda ask her to clarify anything about me or the family.

19. So Anyone needing apprentice yet-----Don't really care if I'm sweeping or mopping or anything just as long as I can watch and learn things while whoever is mounting.

20. To The Top I guess.......