1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mad Customer, what to do?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bluehealer, Jan 22, 2010.

1. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

Glad it worked out!

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Glad it worked out!

3. Mark V.

Mark V. Chinook Salmon replica

This is exactly why I dont hang big deer in the showroom or let them see other peoples mounted heads. Im still laughing about the penis shrinkage thing John! I agree 100% with George about people questioning our knowledge and integrity. I treat every customer with respect but expect it in return and will not let anyone belittle me. just remember everytime the story is told the buck gets bigger LOL,Mark

4. Bluehealer

Bluehealer Daddys little girl, first deer..

This happened once it will surely happen again, I think it helped having it hanging by itself...lesson learned I'll be a little more strategic about hanging the smaller ones away from the others....lol

5. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr Member

I know everybody wants to stay professional here BUT I have dealt with everyone from the drunk to the redneck who pulls up with a caravan of guys when its time to pick up their deer. If someone pulled any crap like this on my and I was 100% certain (unless the tag unzipped tied itself and moved) I would tell this guy to get a life and leave my property. If he didn't then we got a situation or better yet he does. Everybody want to be nice and resolve the issue but realize some people are just bed bugs and I refuse to cater or entertain these kind of personalities.

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

?????????????????????????? makes NO sense at all

7. Gatorjaw

Gatorjaw New Member

That's why I am private. I wont deal with idiot's anymore. There is a great misconception that all taxidermist are social misfits. And don't deserve any respect. I never had anybody unsatisfied with the work but I have in the past had people try to lay the blame on me for their nasty field care. And I put there crap in their hands and run em out the door. I don't put up with dumbass hunters or drunks anymore. I know my customers and they know me.

8. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

HMMMMMMM misfit's? I was not aware of that. GREAT NOW I'M A MISFIT! GREAT!

9. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

tell him its his fault for shooting the dang thing! sounds like he regrets having it mounted. maybe had a few beers to many when he brought it in!

10. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I had a customer just this week pick up his deer and say he thought the neck was bigger. I opened my book and showed him where I took down the measurements and then pulled out a tape and measured. His mount had a neck 2" bigger than the measurement I had written down (measured from the carcass). He said thanks a lot for making it bigger it just seemed smaller next to another one I had it by. I put it next to a really small skinny deer I mounted for myself for just that reason and he said wow it looks much bigger next to that one. He left really happy. I suggest you shoot the smallest deer you can and mount it, then hang the customer's deer next to it when they come to pick it up. This has helped me a lot.

11. c70mach1

c70mach1 Let em grow.......

Definetly agree with you guys when you put finished mounts next to each other there are so many variables.
    Neck size, colors, rack size, width,tine length ,etc.
    To most hunters at least the hunters that want there buck done as a shoulder mount its there pride and joy so to speak ,
    So if placed next to a non typical 300 pound full rutted monster buck , theres just looks normal..
    No pictures..???
    I cant believe that someone would spend a few hundred dollars mounting there buck and not take a few pictures that cost less then $10 bucks .....

12. TNdeer

TNdeer New Member

Dude... quit bringin up year old posts.

13. Re: Mad Customer, what to do?
    « Reply #49 on: January 25, 2010, 01:06:20 PM »

14. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Member

Oh what the hell, I wasted my time reading a year old post? Funny though, I mean the guy couldn't tell his own mount.

15. eb226

eb226 Member

Here's a funny one. I had a customer come in the other day with his son's first deer, small 4pt. He was telling me that a deer that he had mounted a few yours ago had a small neck on it. He told that he thought he asked for the (fat neck) I took up for the taxidermist and set him straight and explained that generally what you shoot is what you get back. Just thought it was funny that he was getting ready to ask me to make his sons 14 inch neck 4pt a fat neck. Some people just don't have a clue.

16. c70mach1

c70mach1 Let em grow.......

Is this a rule ??? LOL... Some are just that good......

17. bubbadovetail

bubbadovetail New Member

MI
    Dad did one for a man a few years ago and the man complained about the neck size rather than the antlers. It was a extremely massive buck that gross scored in the mid 150's a southern MI buck and was mounted on a 23" neck but due to the size of this massive rack he thought that it was the wrong cape and it had been switched. Dad finally convinced him after showing him some other trophy bucks in the show and the difference in the form size of theirs compaired to his. Good Luck to you.

18. If he comes back, step back, take a deep breath and work this out in a professional manner, if he can't live with that its on him, at least you tried to rectify the proplem. always be honest and sincerel

19. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

UMmmm,, read the whole thread,, the issues was resolved long before you posted.

20. Had a customer pick up his daughter's buck last week. Said he remembered the rack being bigger. (Deer had a huge body, not so huge rack.) They'd put the sticker around the main beam and it was still there. I don't take those off for that reason.

The idea of hanging them next to smaller deer is actually a good idea and I've done that before. I avoid hanging a mediocre rack next to a real monster if at all possible. Sometimes I'll show them one, but often I've seen that, "Gee...why did I even bother bringing my deer in?" look before. Sometimes it bursts their bubble, when they think they've got a really nice one. And, it IS a nice one, to them. And they should be proud of it. A couple of clients have made remarks like, "Geez...that makes my buck look like a baby."