1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

found him

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by *, Jan 25, 2010.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Dennis got a last minute deal on a mountain lion hunt last week. He left Friday for New Mexico with his friend and client Bob Downing. They were suppose to start hunting yesterday but Dennis ended up driving himself to a hospital in Socorro New Mexico, 140 mile from the camp because he was having excruciating pain in his right shoulder for unknown reasons. The hospital discharged him around 2pm their time with a couple of prescriptions. I spoke with him around 5 pm Michigan time. His cell phone does not get a signal in many places out there so I wasn't terribly worried until I got a call this morning from Bob that he never returned to the camp and nobody has heard from him.
    I am 2000 miles away and don't know what to do. I have called the hospital he was seen at but he did not return there. The State police have been notified but the counties they cover are astronomical in size.
    Typing this is all I can do while I wait to hear something.
    If anyone lives out there and has any suggestions I would appreciate your help.
    What do I do?
    Linda

2. spikebuck

spikebuck New Member

Re: Not A Joke Dennis is Missing Please Help

I know I cant help from here but prayers are sent.

3. Don Houser

Don Houser Don's Taxidermy Studio

I hope everything works out and Dennis is ok. I'm not much of a praying man but I'll send one out for you.

4. troy

troy Member

PA

I hope all turns out well. I love the DVD and am looking forward to meeting Dennis at the PA show in a few weeks. So prayers are sent that when I do sit in his seminar, he has a colorfull story about his Mt.Lion hunt, that has some twists and turns, but winds up perfectly fine in the end. Positive thoughts, well wishes and strong prayers sent for Dennis AND you!!!

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Likewise from me. Dennis has hundreds of friends and fans here and I'm sure they're all praying for his safe return.

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Ditto, what Troy & Ken said. Everyone just stay positive in their thinking and he will surface. And, lets pray for his safety.

7. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

He could have got lost...lots of territory out there...hopefully, he will surface soon...will pray that all is well.

8. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

thinking positive thoughts

9. ryanolson72

ryanolson72 Active Member

wow prayres sent for a speedy recovery

10. Re: Not A Joke Dennis is Missing Please Help

prayers are on the way

11. Re: Not A Joke Dennis is Missing Please Help

I pray you find him soon Linda.

12. *

I'm sorry. Found him

13. Re: Not A Joke Dennis is Missing Please Help

Kick his A$$ honey!!!

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

WHEW!

15. Re: Not A Joke Dennis is Missing Please Help

Check with your cell company, and see if the phone has a GPS on it and have them locate it for you

16. *

Found Him

Sorry about the panic. Dumb sh** fell asleep after taking pain meds. Scared me to death when I got the call from Bob that they didn't know where he was. He just called me collect, apologizing for upsetting everyone.
    Thak you for the concern. I will go crawl in a hole now.
    Linda

17. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Thank God!! No hole crawling needed Linda. You did the right thing. Just glad to hear thats he's fine.

18. bear_country01

bear_country01 Active Member

ROCK ON LOL

19. Just glad everythings ok! :)

20. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

That great that you got in touch with him, and you did the right thing, trying to get an answer, or help from anyone of us.