1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Texas Taxidermy Association Convention 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Jan 26, 2010.

1. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Re: If you missed the Texas Taxidermy Association show

One day I may find my way to that show, it looks to be a top shelf production.

2. Re: Texas Show pics thread...

WoW what a great show. It was my first to attend.

Attached Files:

3. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

Re: Texas Convention

It was great! I went on the spur of the minute and so glad i did. It was a special time. Love all our friends in Texas, they are a special group. Can't tell ya'll what Texas did for Michael and Harry- an hands on seminar at James Poeners on whitetaill deer with several great taxidermist teaching one on one for $400. All money goes to Michael. Also, Danny will be there for birds. $400. Come one, come all. Dates to follow. I love this industry.

4. Re: If you missed the Texas Taxidermy Association show

Top Notch Show. I am proud to be a member. It was great meeting everyone and I am already looking forward to next year. I've already got an idea for my piece. LOL

5. Re: Texas Convention

Kim it was amazing to see Danny's work in person. It was nice to meet him. I cant wait till next year.

6. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

Thanks so much! Danny is one of the many real people in this industry. It is people like you that keep him pumped.

7. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Re: Texas Show pics thread...

Would love to see them Honey Badgers CLOSE UP ;D

8. Re: Texas Show pics thread...

Looks like an amazing show. Great work guys and gals!

9. RumRunner

RumRunner Nicholas Dugas, (337) 205-1269

i was planning on going but things fell through. looks like a great show though

10. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

It sure was a pleasure for me to be a judge there. Some real nice bird work by some nice bird brains.
    Tony Finazzo

11. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm so happy for Danny! What a wonderful show it was!

12. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Congrats Danny.

Kim, it was nice to finally get to meet you and Danny. Your both such nice people.

Everyone I met in Texas and at the show made me feel at home even though you all kept calling me "Yankee". LOL For those of you who haven't been to the Texas Show you really don't know what your missing. The show is packed with vendors and the show room was packed with some great mounts. I can't wait to come back again.

Here is something that I'll never forget.
    Since I didn't compete, I got to write for one of the BEST fish Taxidermist in the World, Jeff Mourning. Thanks Jeff for that experience and the time you spent with me. You taught me some much and boosted my confidence. Hopefully my fish work will reflect what I learned from you too! LOL

Michaelp gave one of the most tear jerking speeches I've ever heard. If you were in that room and didn't have a lump in your throat the size of Texas then you just aren't human. I would like to thank you all for helping our friend.

13. Richard B

Richard B Well-Known Member

Here is a picture of my entry. It is shown with a red ribbon. After I received my critique from the judge my score sheet was taken and my score was changed from a 89 to a 91 giving me a blue ribbon on my mount and my habitat in the professional division. The show had so many good mounts that the TTAI ran out of blue ribbons so mine will be sent to me later this week.

Attached Files:

14. bear_country01

bear_country01 Active Member

WOW Awsome work :)

15. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

It was a GREAT show. Tony did a great seminar and I learned a ton shadowing him listening to critques. Cant wait till next year!

16. Re: Texas Show pics thread...

congrats Richard , that is one fantastic mount !!!!

17. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

Nice Richard.