1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I wouldn't be

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by mjsandt, Jan 26, 2010.

1. mjsandt

mjsandt New Member

http://www.nchuntandfish.com/forums/showthread.php?p=332331#post332331

2. Chris H

Chris H New Member

Now that just gos to show that although most of us strive to constantly do better work, a lot of the general public have NO IDEA what a deer looks like. Not only did he say he was happy but others wrote nice mount. Man I'm still learning and am early on in my journey of taxidermy, but wile the level of most of you guys work deters me ( I think I will never get there ) this guys work makes me feel that not only can I make it but I'm a lot futher along than I thought. Thanks for all your help.

3. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr Member

I really like the stain\sheen on the antlers. My first try at a deer looked better than that. LOL

4. dwstex38

dwstex38 New Member

Goes to show you they are only focusing on the antlers Cant see past them to see the quality.He probably got a helluva deal like 200 bucks.

5. sean997

sean997 Member

I think Im gona be sick

6. dwstex38

dwstex38 New Member

I registered to find out how much he paid.
    Waitin on reply.

7. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Yeah I tried to enlighten a few people last year on hunting net because so many people were saying good mount, nice mount, ect. to a few mounts that looked worse than that and couldn't take it anymore after about the third one. Had a few people rip into me because I was criticizing someones trophy and they were happy with the mount. I Simply told them he already posted once when he shot the thing he isn't in need of us to tell him nice job on a great buck and congrats again. No need to get into it because we all know the suffers of hack work but I just couldn't take it anymore. I told people I wasn't gaingin anythign from it because this guy was a couple states away and wanted to help in with his future trophys as this was his first mounted. Some people didn't like it at all that I gave negative feedback but in the end the guy was thankful and even asked me to help find him a good taxi near his home. Found two good ones within his price range less than 20 min from his house on the states websites here. Hope some others got something from it and will look into finding the quality taxis. WCL

8. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

What,I dont see anything wrong with it . Maybe to much black paint on the chin lol! WTF IS THAT GUY THINK'N LOL

9. dwstex38

dwstex38 New Member

I couldnt tell if it was the lighting or if the chin was painted black but i thought couldnt be, has to be lighting. but not so sure now!!

10. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Looks like an airbrush overspray fail to me. lol

11. dwstex38

dwstex38 New Member

He paid $350 for it. wow!!!!!!!

12. rayray38821

rayray38821 New Member

looks like sh!t to me!!!!!

13. IAwhttail

IAwhttail New Member

Did the $350 include the floor wax job on the antlers or was that extra? ;}