1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Illinois Taxidermist Association Convention 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

March 25th through 28th, 2010
    The 30th Annual <A HREF="http://www.illinoistaxidermist.com/">Illinois Taxidermist Association</A> Convention & Competition
    Northfield Inn and Suites, Springfield, IL
    Contact Erik Esposito at (309) 473-2383 or <A HREF="http://www.illinoistaxidermist.com/">visit the ITA website</A> for details.

2. erik1

erik1 New Member

I mailed the packets out on Friday. Anyone else that woudl like one send me your address and I will get one in the mail to you. Its our 30th Anniversary show!

We have a great line up of judges this year. Whitetails Keith Bowman, Fish and Reptiles Frank Kotula, Birds Kent Reedy, and Marcus Detring Mammals and Gameheads

Friday afternoon Jody Green and seveeral other ITA members will be mounting an elk and possibly a moose for Hunt of a Lifetime! This is always a great seminar!

3. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

Any other word on seminars? The website has nothing about them...

4. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

Interested in what seminars are going to be held this yr too. Did anyone else not get a fall news letter either? You going this yr scott?

5. scpol

Thinking about it Harley..I was going to go with mk, so we all can all beat the crap out of him together. ;D

6. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

Souds good last yr he was looking up hookers on Graig's list LOL

7. scpol

Thats funny..I taught him that..lol

8. erik1

erik1 New Member

Harley the fall newsletter should arrive around the same time as the packet. Pete was a little behind this year.

All I have so far for seminars is Kent Reedy with be doing a bust mount of a duck to show taxing of the skin around the head area.

Keith Bowman will be mounting a whitetail.

I will find out what Marcus and Frank will be doing and let you guys know.

9. tanner5

tanner5 New Member

2010 Illinois Show

This year we celebrated our 30th anniversary and WOW what a great show!! We had over 160 pieces entered in the competition. I would like to thank everyone who helped in any capacity with the makings of one of the best shows that I have seen in my four year term. We have a GREAT team of officers and board members that work TOGETHER to make our show the best it can be!! I would also like to say thanks to all of the judges that came to judge our show --(Frank Kotula, fish)--(Marcus Detring, mammals/gameheads) -- (Kent Reedy, birds) and (Keith Bowman, whitetails), it was fun to work with you guys. (Sorry about the "wake-up call" Frank!) Erik1 has already posted some pictures of some of the pieces that were there, but I am sure that there will be more to come. As I step down from the Presidents position I want to say thanks to the ITA for letting me be a small part of a great organization. I say now that we get behind our new president (Jim Robinson) and keep this good thing going strong. We are growing and I can't wait till next years convention! ( And I promise that I will be back to competing next year)

Pete Sweitzer

10. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Re: 2010 Illinois Show

Pete it WAS a GREAT show. The 30th anniversary presentation was wonderfully done. I think the entire show was well planned and executed. Gonna miss having you as president, but I do feel Jim will also do a great job. Thank You Pete for your service. It sure was a pleasure having you at the helm.

11. Re: 2010 Illinois Show

It was a great show as always a good job by you great seminars i already got some ideas in my head for next years competion

12. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Pete: I can't believe your'e just now showing up as new member of the Taxi Net. Welcome aboard and big thank you for all of the hard work you put into the ITA over the years.
    Doug
    MCS
    PS My Son made into Ft. Hood tonite, safe and sound.

13. tanner5

tanner5 New Member

MCS -- Im not really new ..... if you look at my stats......Im one of those who lurks in the shadows......... it was nice talking to you at the show---- thanks for lending the pics to me for the presentation.

14. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Your'e quite welcome your video presentation was awesome. Especially getting to see past members from the early days. It will be funny when we celebrate our 40th or 50th and our younger members get to see themselves as they were in 2010.