1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

your opinions please

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Clew, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Tell me whats wrong
    Please tell me what you see
    Thanks
    Carl

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      92.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      80.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Clew

York, SC
    part two pics

Attached Files:

• 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      79.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      75.6 KB
      Views:

3. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

i'll start

im going to assume this is your first and its obviously a replica... you can see wher you did the antiquing under the gloss.

not bad for your first. brookies aren't easy

the spotting pattern on the side is way off. on a brookie you will find sevreral different color spot types
    first is the yellow spots, your not too far off on those but they usually have alot more and they aren't that big
    second you will find the single red dots mixed in on a spawning male.
    finally you will find those white halo, light bliue center and red dot markings. these all go together.

the blue on your dots is waaaayyy to blue. its more similat to a turkey head blue but not as dark as a sailfish blue. its kind of in between.

it also looks like you left no white on the belly with the black edge to it which with the color pattern you were displaying on that fish should be there.

the vermiculation doesn't look bad but you certainly dont have enough of it OR you dont have them wide enough.... brookies tend to have one or the other. a wide pattern or ALOT of smaller ones.

las but not least the dots on the fish are not hearly crisp enough. they are faded out and elongated.

not bad for a brookie, but you wanted a critique so you got one. hope that helps and as always look at some reference of the color phase you are trying to create.

4. Clew

York, SC
    thanks for your input
    I will take all tips I can get

Carl

5. hunterray2002

hunterray2002 http://www.finandfoto.com

Rember on Brookies. Less is more. and dont over do the Vermic's in such a heavy layer. or should say TO BOLD. other then that. Great job. as always and with anything your next couple will be even better.

6. Clew

York, SC
    thanks for the input