1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

More Tough Critters.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Wayne R, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Some photos from emails that came in this morning, these had to hurt. I know it happens quite a bit, and there are probably more photos out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RTtaxidermy

RTtaxidermy My Daughters Elk

thats crazy I BET THAT DID NOT FEEL GOOD

3. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

I've found a few small pieces of tines but nothing like that!

4. That is crazy! I cant image the pain that they can endure. A few years back when I started taxidermy I was skinning a head out and noticed a fleshy tumor on top of the skull plate, I ended up cutting it out and noticed that it was a piece of a antler about 3/4" long! It was actually growing into the skull plate :eek:

5. IAwhttail

IAwhttail New Member

Wayne- The buck in the top pic has been around for a couple years. That is actually a drop tine arising from a pedicle at the corner of the buck's eye socket. There were pics of the head skinned that showed it really good. Plus it has the classic blunt tip with dead velvet that many drop tines display. Most unusual buck to say the least.

6. IAwhttail

IAwhttail New Member

Here's a link with more pics: http://www.buckmanager.com/2007/12/07/big-kansas-buck-has-third-antler-in-the-eye/

Somewhere there are pics showing the buck at a younger age where the antler wasn't as big and didn't completely occlude the eye and more pics of the head skinned.

7. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

Thats what i thought origanaly, But from that pic it looks like a main beam from another deer. That would be fun to mount!

8. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

IAwhttail, thanks for the link, interesting to say the least.

9. ouch''

10. adkgirl

adkgirl Active Member

Another link on that page went to a 27pt wt DOE! Was there nuclear testing in that area?????