1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

help on yellow spot

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by lilcajun, Jan 30, 2010.

1. lilcajun

lilcajun New Member

ok fellas, ive been searching through all of the old posts and still dont have a good answer for my problem...i have a whitetail skull that i degreased for about 3 weeks, then took out and whitened...well, when i whitened it, i guess i put it too close to my heat lamp. on the back of the skull it is yellowed....i have it in the degreaser again, and its been there for about a week with no sign of it going away....i whitened it again and still yellow....i have a bucket heater in the degreaser also...thanks in advance...heres a pic of what im working with.
    [​IMG]

2. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 Active Member

just good old fashioned..................GREASE. Add some ammonia to your degreasing solution.

3. Bugz 2 Bonz

Bugz 2 Bonz Skull Cleaning / Central Ohio

yep.....make sure your degreasing solution is well above the back part of skull ..Dont want the top grease table sitting on the skull..

4. lilcajun

lilcajun New Member

im using dawn/ammonia to degrease right now...how long do you think it'll take to get it out? apparently the heated 40 volume peroxide cooked the grease in there...im pulling my hair out about this right now lol

5. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 Active Member

don't looked cooked in to me...looks almost oozing. Some are worse than others. The only answer to "how long it will take"?........until it is gone. There is no textbook answer.