1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

1969 mounted albino button buck

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Silvereagle34, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Silvereagle34

Silvereagle34 Member

I was given a button buck that was mounted in 1969. It had been stored in a barn. The ears are coming apart and there is hide missing on the legs. Is there a way to restore it. I am new an hate to see it destroyed.

2. quest

quest Member

Utah
    I don't think there's much you can do with a cape that's coming apart like what you've described. You could try to put a fresh cape on. Also look up the search maybe there's a tutorial on that subject. quest

3. If it has been stored in a barn, the first thing you might want to do is check for bugs (dermestid beetles and such)...You wouldn't want to carry those in to spread to any other mounts you have in the house.

4. Matt

Matt Active Member

I hope you didn't bring that in the house around other mounts. It stands a very good chance of having bugs. You might want to consider re-mounting it.

5. dipper

dipper New Member

Besides having a comfy home, there can't much for them to eat in there LOL!!!!

6. Silvereagle34

Silvereagle34 Member

Thanks for the replys. It is not near any other mounts. I don't see any bugs on it anywhere.

7. dhart

dhart Active Member

8. choo choo charlie

choo choo charlie I feel pretty good for the way I feel

sometimes it is best to cut your loss's and start over.
    I am sure it is interesting but it doesn't sound like there is any sentimental value and it is, well a button buck.
    It would be interesting to take it apart and see what methods and materials were used.
    take pictures!

9. remingtonZ71

remingtonZ71 New Member

Do albino replacement capes come around regularly for you? if so I would like one!!

10. Silvereagle34

Silvereagle34 Member

There are photo's posted in the lifesize section. Thanks for all the replys.