1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Another video tutorial from Josh Knuth

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Jeff Lumsden, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

Check it out @ http://www.taxidermy.com/eyes

Jeff-

2. Jeff Lumsden

http://www.taxidermy.com/eyes

3. Here are some higher resolution pictures of the eyes I show at the end of the video.

Largemouth Bass (Florida strain)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lake trout

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Largemouth Bass (Northern strain)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rainbow trout

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Walleye

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

White bass

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ill be doing a write up on how I set these eyes on a replica that is hollow, in the very near future. I will be using the Whitebass for that.
    It was a bunch of fun doing the video Jeff, and I hope it helps some people out.
    There are so many ways to paint these, its just a blast.

4. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

awesome job Josh and Rick!

5. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Awsome job to both Jeff and Josh. I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat . I keep likin these eyes more and more!!!

6. Manny

Manny New Member

Great job !!!

7. akairman

akairman New Member

josh, thanks a ton, i've been trying different techniques, but could never figure out how to get them to that level. i will definately be incorporating some of your techniques on the next one. thanks again

8. curtisholson

curtisholson New Member

Well, you learn something new every day, for some reason I always thought the K in Knuth was silent. ;)

Oh, and the video was pretty good too. Thanks for taking the time to do this, I'm sure it will help a lot of people, myself included.

9. Hahaha
    yea most people think the same thing. :D

10. Jeff Lumsden

Nice close ups Josh, I especially like the Walleye in your hand, White bass and the laker eyes.

11. esmith3102

esmith3102 New Member

Thanks for that video. I really enjoy the freedom of these eyes. The techniques you used in this video were awesome. How do you get the cloudy/hazy effect for the pupil on the walleye. That is a very difficult look for me to pull off. Thanks again. your work is very motivating for me.

12. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Wow....really appreciate seeing that........

13. Sweet video you guys and thanks. You make that look so easy Josh with such great effects. I have been practicing on a few and have a ways to go.

14. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

very COOL

15. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Excellent! And oddly enough, you sound exactly as I would have thought you sounded! Weird!

16. GreenBullhead

GreenBullhead Peep peeep peep C:

Well done!

17. possom hawk

possom hawk Luv the smell of black powder in the morning

Very well done, Josh, Jeff, thanks for sharing your talents.

18. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

I guess I should have clarified myself. It seems to me, some people have voices that don't seem to initially sound like you think they would when all you have seen is pics of them! The best example I can think of is the first time I heard the ex coach of the Texas Tech Red Raider football team. Having only seen him (Mike Leach) on the sideline on TV, I had never heard him talk. His voice is extremely low and loud, not what I had envisioned in my mind. Thats what I was implying. Josh's voice sounded exactly as I had in my minds eye, thats what I thought was weird, not his voice. Sorry for any misunderstanding, as I have never talked to Josh Knuth on the phone, only via keyboard!

19. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

I was really pumped and excited to watch the video. Untill I heard the background music. I fell sound asleep.

LOLOLOL.

Great work Josh, Rick, and Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Jeff Lumsden

Jimmy you are such a bad a$$! I would of had Kings of Leon, MGMT or Silver Sun Pickups " Lazy Eye" but then, I would of screwed it up! ;)

I liked it! hehe

Jeff