1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Has anyone heard from Tenbears??

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by 71Challenger R/T, Feb 2, 2010.

1. 71Challenger R/T

71Challenger R/T New Member

I took Lessons from Tenbears a couple years ago. And became a bit of a friend. Or so I thought. I was in His area, and decided to stop by his shop. It was closed. I mean closed up. I went by his sporting goods shop, And it had new Owners, same with his Scuba Shop, A fellow there told me That he Tragically lost his wife and Son little over a year ago. The guy said he heard Tenbears sold everything, and just Vanished.
    Is that so. Thought I read hear one time that tenbears and George were friends, George Do you Know what happened to him. I sure liked him, and appreciated his taxidermy experience. I hope he is all right.

2. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

I remember seeing that name on here a lot before this "new" format took over. I often wondered how he was doing? I'm glad you brought up the question. If what you heard was true, I'm sorry to hear that about him. Hope he is alright where ever he may be.

3. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

Summary - Tenbears Picture/Text
    Name: Tenbears
    Position: Gold Member
    Date Registered: September 01, 2006, 11:06:01 AM
    Last Active: June 25, 2009, 09:43:15 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. You should remember, he was shot during an attack several years back. He survived that.

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I haven't heard from him in ages. I guess I spent so much time on my own issues I haven't kept up with a LOT of people who are special to me. Tenbears always was a straight shooter with no bs and the integrity of a saint.

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Agreed.

7. 71Challenger R/T

71Challenger R/T New Member

Well I really wish someone knew something, an address. or something. If anyone hears anything I would really appreciate it if they would post it here, or PM me. It's funny when I was taking lessons from him. I told him I would like to come back and get refreshers, or a little advanced training. he said sure. but all my students say that. you will get busy, and learn a lot on your own. unless we meet at a show or something. you will fade into the bustle of business. and I will be but a faded old memory. Guess we all fade into obscurity.

8. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

I hope you are able to find him, and when you do, you will have to give an update as to how he is doing.

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Obviously his persona in person was no different that how he expressed himself here. I, too, hope you can find him.