1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

taxi.net calender

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by cwt, Feb 3, 2010.

1. cwt

cwt Active Member

Lookin at racksandriverstaxidermy post about the calender. Gave me an Idea. pretty scary but here it goes. Unless it has been done before I dont know. What about a taxi.net claender for next year where we submit some of our work to the calender and we pick which mounts make each month or something like that. Dont know if Ken would want to do that. It was just an Idea if someone had the know how to do it.

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Sounds good as long as you don't show faces. MP and wetnwild are some ugly mofo's. ;D
    Maybe a taxi net wives calender might be better :D

3. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

you know if you tell them that the cornfield photos are out they'll oppose it

4. Tricia

Tricia New Member

??? But I don't have a wife. :p

5. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Then you can be in it I guess.
    We should have 2 then, wives and women of taxi net. ;D

6. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I think a calendar would be a neat idea, and proceeds could go to TERF or something like that....put one of your mounts in there along with yourself...gotta put faces with names.......which month is the ugly month...thats the one I need to be in!!!!
    never mind.....if you want to sell calendars at all better count me out......unless you want to hang it up to keep the mice and price shoppers out of your shop!!!! LMAO

7. cwt

cwt Active Member

i think it would be neat to have faces names and where they are from. And you never know customers might see mounts in the calender and it give them ideas on what to do for their mount which means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for you possibly. And it might give people who have no idea about taxidermy that it is not just a stuffed head on the wall anymore. IT IS AN ART!!

8. Tricia

Tricia New Member

I know the feeling Bobbi. I should never be in a calendar...unless you wanna see overweight, flabby, window humps and OLD women. ::)

9. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

That's still better than MP and Tom.

10. I agree Redwolf - I am still traumatized after the pics of MP as a retriever...

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I think the mount photos should come from NTA, State or World Grand Champion mounts, from people here that compete.
    3 fish, 3 birds, 3 mammals, and 3 reptile. Ken rotates ribbon winning mounts on the home page that are unique, that would make great calender shots.

12. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Paul, they're talking about a "taxi net" calender not an NTA calender ???

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Taxinet people compete I thought,, or will it be mounts that just look ok from the ten foot away rule?

14. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Ya, they do. I just think it would be more fun to see new faces I guess.

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

ok, I am done.

16. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

lol me neither! so do we get a men of taxinet calendar too? i like the idea of starting off each day with a laugh

17. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

What's the matter? No mirrors in your house? ::) ;D

18. cwt

cwt Active Member

I dont think that they have to be award winning mounts at an NTA show to be on the calender. What about the people on her that do great work and dont compete. Just something to have and be fun, doesnt always need to be competative.

19. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Go to snapfish.com, or walmart.com and make your own calendar. You can put whatever you want in it, and Mr T can't say a thing about it.

20. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

HEY! go make your own calender,, and make January that Zebra with the sun glasses.