1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

So this customer brings me this remount to do,,photos by [email protected]

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Mr.T, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Crossy,, u so funny.

2. dwstex38

dwstex38 New Member

now thats funny right thar!!!!!!!!

3. nitt

nitt Member

Sad but true not everyone can put out quality mounts. And another little piece of the truth not everyone can afford a quality mount the economy is pretty rough now.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

It has been said,,, taxidermy is a luxury, not everybody should be able to afford it, but there is a market for everything, there are customers for garbage mounts as well as premium work.

5. wetandwild

wetandwild New Member

I believe there has to be more to the story... I'm wondering if the guy didn't try to mount it himself. I'm not a fan of civil lawsuits, but if that guy has enough money to pay for the remount plus 2 other mounts, I can't believe that he is not paying court fees and suing for the cost of the remount. If I turned out a piece like that, I would give you my truck and ask if we could please just call it even and PLEASE do NOT SHOW ANYBODY!!!

6. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

as a taxidermist...I would be ASHAMED to even let anything out of my shop that looked like that.
    Apparently the "hacksidermist" that did that has absolutely NO pride in his work....just out to make a buck...what a shame.

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

The truth is, there are a plethora of guys doing taxidermy that have never had a formal lesson in their life. They watched Uncle Buba do it once, and they went into business. There are plenty of cheap living guys that skimp on EVERYTHING in their life, and will spend the bare minimum on materials,, who needs lessons? They cost to much don't they?

8. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

thinking back on my earlier mounts, I'm ashamed of them....yes i was just starting and yes I was cheap, but I still wish I could take em back....or at least see what they look like compared to what I'm doing now....I'd probably wanna die.

9. Badgerland

Badgerland Quality taxidermy & quality deer capes.

That there folks looks like a $100.00 borax mount. No fleshing, no fuss, no tan, no worries, no problem. He'll have it done for you in three days, and even throw in a few extra staples for free! The 10cent heavy-duty hanger is extra though, after all this is a custom one-of-a-kind mount.

10. nitt

nitt Member

I agree with Bobbi. Most ten year old kids could watch a video and put out a better specimen than that one ;D

11. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

I agree with T.........There are ALOT of people out there that do this kind of work, I have no proof but I would say even the SOME of theworst work we see on this site is 10x better that the avg. Shmoe out there turning out heads for a buck.

12. Thing is, hacks-a-dermist like that give us all a bad name, yet, people still go to them for "the better deal", and to think (licensed!!!) taxidermist like that still exist in this day of age, they're should be a law against such debauchery... And, most of all, It's sad to have to ruin a beautiful animal like that and collect money for it...

13. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

There is a little more to the story. The mount pictured IS a remount. The first mount had all the hair fall out so the customer made the hack remount it for him. I had to ask if he thought the hack had learned that much between mounts. The sad part is he was more than happy with the first 3 mounts we did for him. This was all about trying to save a buck. Expensive lesson.

14. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

So I was right, that was the "after" shot, LOL, who'd a thunk it?

15. GWebb

GWebb Active Member

Compared to one I saw that was at the Hunting and Fishing Show in Charleston, WV a few weeks ago this one is a ribbon winner. No kidding........I almost fell in the floor when I saw it.

16. IAtaxi

IAtaxi Member

Thing about this if you went to some hunting website with this photo 9/10ths of the guys would be saying "nice mount" or "nice rack".

17. bill@hogheaven

Cole...you got that right. It just isnt OUR after shot.

18. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Yeah, I kinda knew better than that, but I gotta get my shots in when I can. ;)

19. bill@hogheaven

Boy dont I know that.

20. I'd like to see someone take that to the PTA convention in PA, at the end of the month.

Imagine when the public comes around to look at all the mounts and they see that.