1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 15 -16 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 15 -16 !!!!!!!!

A very warm hello from Hinsdale New Hampshire!! What a incredible week with some of the most outstanding work that some of you shared with all of us!!!! Congratulations to you for contributing and being so generous in sharing your gifts!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you every week in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start of the week recognizing those who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past weeks this week in fish pictures!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

I would to share a special fish of a fine young man Mr. Jack Marsh Springfield VT. Mr. Marsh had brought a Char cross from Quebec which was a cool fish for me to do for him! Well done to all in the past 2 weeks! Out standing work to you all who contributed!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!

So with out further ado let's get week # 15-16 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! # 15 -16 Enjoy!

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

[​IMG]

2. I just finished this burbot for a fisheries raffle winner.
    Urethane foam with SLL.

Keep up the good work everybody.
    There are some fantastic pieces out there.

Attached Files:

3. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

very cool, unusual fish

4. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

probably the best burbot i have seen.good job. good brookie too.

5. Sweet Brookie and Burbot!!!

Here are a few Crappie I just finished.

Attached Files:

6. couple more

Attached Files:

7. And a couple SMB

Attached Files:

8. dougp

dougp Active Member

A char cross... :eek: very cool Rick. Beautiful !

Karl, great job on the burbot... ;D

Really nice Randy.....should keep your customers very happy, eh ;D

I'm not sure if I posted this before but here it is anyway..... ;D

Carving by Gary Cichy. "Silent Stalker" Smallie and water dog. This is one of my favorites.

Attached Files:

9. dougp

dougp Active Member

Here's another view...........

Attached Files:

10. greener

greener New Member

Man, That is one sweeeeet carving. Talent like that doesn't come around often. He will be missed...... Sweet burbot too.

11. giffdog

giffdog New Member

This is a 30" steelhead from a trib in Lake Erie... My first skin mount steelhead for a customer. I hope he likes it..
    I need to finish the wall base and then it will be all ready to ship. I added some wood and will be adding some rocks around the bottom when I finish molding some.

Attached Files:

12. Great fish this week already guys! Here is my first metal silver salmon

Attached Files:

13. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Snakeweave!!!
    Found my new favorite from you!!!

Matt, very very nice steelie!! You are well on your way. That is 100000000000000000x better than my first fish. Very nice!! Can't wait to see you put it on habitat!!!

Rick! Very cool. So glad we got a chance to talk yesterday!!!

Randy ,those crappie suck! Send them to my address. :0, very clean. very nice.

14. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Many great fish on the start of the Week in Fish Pictures!!!! Mr. Marsh thats a very nice char cross :eek: Been mounting stags for a while but now it`s time for Atlantics.....
    Here is a 40 lbs. Atlantic Salmon spawning color. Custom moulded cast. Thanks. Ollie

Attached Files:

15. of

of New Member

Fishworship, great carving and beautiful paint job. Randy B. as always true artwork and fine detail. Love that salmon Ollie, I know how hard it is to paint this spawning antlantics, you nailed it!! Still working on my tuna, hopefully it will be finished next week.

Greetings from Germany

Oliver

16. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    I always like to come here and admire the great fish. I haven't posted in a while so here is my humble addition, a commercial yellow perch w/ carved bod, l/s, and still life lenses. By the way Josh, thanks for the tutorial, you make it easier and easier to arrive at acceptible results for those of us less talented fishhds!!!

Attached Files:

17. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Here is my post for the week. Commercial Canadian walleye. These fish always seem to be much darker and bolder/golder than the mud flat walleyes of Kansas.
    [​IMG]

18. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    some great looking work, fishworship that is spot on!!

19. Here are a few more strange little guys from me this week.

First is a Pleco exact species unknown he is about 4" long custom replica.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next are a trio of red rainbow fish, I believe from New Guinea, again 4" custom replicas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fun stuff for sure,
    I have to say one thing. I love my Job!!!

:D

Great fish so far! I cant wait to see more.

20. Wild Bill

Wild Bill If my hats missing im fishing

Brook Trout with cast head

[​IMG]