1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Yoxathons at Tim Thacker's place...seen the posts yet?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Bill Yox, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

We are doing classes at Tim Thackers place in illinois for those who cannot travel to my place in NY state. Go check out all the posts over in the gamehead section. We have three more spots left in the third and final round of classes. Round one was a blast, round two is next week and already filled.

2. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

I have to add that i was at the first one, and i would highly recommend anyone attend that just wants to bring their deer to another level. The amount i learned was worth 3 times the price he is asking..I sucked before i went to see Bill....

3. I was there too! I also got my moneys worth and learned lots.

Bruce

4. mimes

mimes Member

still saving aluminum cans.........

5. I was there, all I can say is that my deer mounts are going to be 100 times better from now on. Thanks Bill!

from Codi

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I was there too..................................I think!! LOL

7. RICKP

RICKP Let'er Buck

Hey, what about us over here on the west coast,, are we chopped liver...
    OK, who in the NW is gonna step up and have a get together for some training?

8. Bill Yox

Set up a good spot and get me a list of folks willing to send deposits, and make sure theres a host taxidermist willing to do a bit of running, near an airport, and we can do Yoxathons anywhere you all want them.

9. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Bill, I'm still interested in #3 I should know tomorrow or Tuesday. I just got home tonight from the hospital ended up there instead of work and had to spend the night. a few Nitro's and nuclear stress test need to see my doctor as long as I don't have appointments I'm interested..If it will work out I will get deposit out.

10. antlerman

And, I'll show up and be the best shop bitch you've ever seen........LOL

11. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I had to buy new tires for the truck with my Yox money. :mad: :D

12. Bill Yox

Blaine hope your health is good first, then it would be great to hear that youd attend. Perry, now that ya got tires, put em on the road!

13. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

[​IMG]It's Cyclops!!!

Sounds like you have a good thing going Bill. Everybody seems to be learning, and having a good time in the process.

14. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

If you all have never had the chance see Bill in action doing a mount, instructing or to critique a mount then you need to attend. I can't believe the 3rd class isn't filled and the 4th and 5th classes haven't started. I know everyone that attended learned something and improved their work. I also am aware that some of the state shows these people are going to are in for a huge surprise because these people have already brought their game up to another level. I was at Tim's for the 1st one and I am sure I will be there to help out with the others. I do have some HOAL duties to perform during the second one and won't be around as much but in a way thats good because then Tim will see what I was doing when he wasn't around. LOL I was mostly in the background but you can bet I was trying to listen and hang on to everything being said. No matter if you are a brand new taxidermist, been competing for a few years or a very seasoned taxidermist you can be sure that everyone will learn from the experience.

15. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I would love to make it. I had a Aortic valve replaced 5 years ago and they found no issues with that. worst case would be slight blockage somewhere and thats a easy fix..you still have 3 spots? if I can make it I will try to talk Jim Bocek into coming with me.

16. antlerman

Only 2 slots left now for March Round 3 Don't miss out!

17. antlerman

Round three is full and is this coming weekend. This is the final round for now at my shop. However, it's time for someone else to host a Yox a thon or two. You wanted different area's of the country, so here's your chance. If you are a shop owner with the facilities to host one of these you won't regret it. I know I sure don't. It's a chance to make new friends, work side by side with other dermist and get the training from none other than Mr. Bill Yox. It's not a money maker for the host shop, but it's worth everything you do get out of hosting it. If you are interested in hosting a Yox a thon, get ahold of Bill. He will be interested in talking with you about it.

Sincerely; Tim Thacker

18. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Tim, it was awesome for you to open your home and shop to everyone that participated in the Yoxathons! Like you said, it's not a money maker for the host but even the host gets to be there and see Yox in action. That is an awesome deal for hosting. You had a vision of doing this and you made it work just like you said you were going to do. This is the 2nd big event that you put on just to bring other taxidermist from all over together to accomplish a goal, TO LEARN. That was very big of you to do these things so people could learn. Thanks again and will see you and everyone else in a few days. Dan

19. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

So, what do you need to bring? I assume a ready to mount cape and rack? Mannikin? Eyes? Paste? Earliners? Clay? etc.
    Maybe I wasn't paying attention. Excuse me if it was already said.

20. Bill Yox

When we do the next one, we will announce the arrangements made. The last three classes had donations by 4 suppliers that took care of almost everything. Those suppliers were WASCO, McKenzie Sports Products, Ohio Taxidermy Supply and Aves Studio. Check out the thank you posts in the gamehead sections for a complete list. With a paid deposit the student and I go over a bunch of things to prepare them for our three days. Most bring a head of their own that they can mount and keep around, or in a few cases, one for a special customer they wanted to try some different techniques on.