1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My 14 yo niece and her first mount, please critique

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Blade, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Looking for any advice on her bear mount. I just removed the bag to take photos, still wet for any adjustments.
    Thanks!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. Re: My niece and her first mount, please critique

More pics of the bear

Attached Files:

3. mathewstax

mathewstax Don Enrique Ranch

Re: My niece and her first mount, please critique

I'm no expert but I like it!!!

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Nice job, but move the ears closer together. Looks as if they're set outside the form instead of slightly inside it for the ear canals. Still, great job for a budding taxidermist.

5. CNB

CNB New Member

You Go Girl !!!! do like George said and move the ears in and keep up the work.

6. Bear Claw

Bear Claw New Member

wow I'm really impressed and jealous!!!

7. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

very cool! I like that pose.

8. buzzbait

buzzbait Padden's Wild & Wet Taxidermy and custom Woodwork

NY
    that is absolutly awsome, great job- but definitly move the ears closer together...x2 bear claw

9. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Member

West
    Ears together. Lookin good. Great job..

10. My niece wants to Thank Everyone!!!! We had to go to the shop and fix the ears.
    I want to Thank You also!!!! It is Great to be able to get so many opinions ( especially after looking at something so long you miss things)
    Love this site!!!
    Thanks Again!!!

Attached Files:

11. fougair

fougair New Member

Great job !!!!

12. shockme2

shockme2 New Member

Seriously that looks great. ;D

13. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

people like your daughter and the female taxis on here are a breath of fresh air! there IS more of an artistict aspect to taxidermy than is given credit. A young lady named Amy that lives in my home state got started into taxidermy at an early age and has plenty of talent. Amys Wildlife Art I think? Your daughter may enjoy looking at Amys website as she has kept a journal of sorts through the years. If your daughter hasnt seen her site i think she would enjoy it and may be even more inspired. PLEASE make sure that she is careful. One woman i n my area just got over lymes. I had it and rockymounts.f.. One taxi in my area even gets the rabies booster. here in the south we freeze our specimens for 5 days and it seems to kill the ticks. coons and k-9's= wear gloves till pickled.

now as far as her bear,George gave and always gives great advice. many on here do. Ive spent hours in the archives and tutorials. Everyone hear is always willing to critique and help. Her bear really IS good........no GREAT! Way to go.As a hobby or profession there is alot of satisfaction in taxidermy.We are all proud of your daughter and you for letting her try this. Really made my day to see her bear!!

14. shockme2

shockme2 New Member

http://outdoor-dreams.com/home

"Nina" is another Young Taxidermist who is VERY talented. ;D

15. L-1

L-1 New Member

Looks good and here is Amy's website. www.amystaxidermy.com

16. that is looking great....is she going to be putting in on a base...if so post finished pics. really nice job

17. Weis5

Weis5 New Member

I don't know much about bear mounts, but that looks very good to me! Cool pose!

18. Who's form is that? I like that pose.

19. Research Mannikins
    Thanks again everyone!!!
    We will be posting more pics as we go.

20. D.C.O

D.C.O Dreamcatcher Outfitters & Taxidermy

Looks wonderfull! :)