1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Any members from Maryland

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Bruce Foster, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Bruce Foster

Bruce Foster Guest

would love to see if I am a lone Marylander

2. haf4e

haf4e New Member

yes i am,

slowly learning about taxidermy and have done several things. Working to get better so I can get my licence and start out part time

Lee

3. tim martin

tim martin New Member

Bruce,
    I am at this site about everyday. I am from Boonsboro. Martin's Taxidermy Studio and Wildlife Artisrty.

Tim

4. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

I am from baltimore county.

5. I'm from Baltimore County also.

6. RATTRAP

RATTRAP Don't laugh, deer think my head is an acorn!

Harford County Here - Anyone know if the Maryland Taxidermy Assoc. is active?

7. Yes they are still active. Did anyone know who got the Lonestar Gift Certificates at the auction last June at the Eastern Regionals? The guy called, but his message was cut off before I could get his name and number. If you know him, let him know we are waiting to hear back.

8. RATTRAP

RATTRAP Don't laugh, deer think my head is an acorn!

IS there an active web site? How about info on events and such?

9. Rattrap,
    You might start by contacting Jennifer Young. Her info is on the convention page. Go back to June 06's convention info.

10. Jenifer and Tim Young stepped down after the convention last year. I am the current vice president and we have a new president. We are in the process of planning next years conference/convention. We are open to any members coming to the quarterly meetings and giving input as to what they would like to see at the convention. We have in the plans what we think are some positive additions to the conference. We are continuing what the past executive board had put into place. If you have any questions or would like to join the association please contact me by phone, e-mail or this thread. I will be checking all three.

11. One addition that I forgot is the website. In the past there was a website and it was shut down due to some difficulties. One of our new board of directors has computer knowledge and has volunteered to get the website back up and running. So keep a check back for progress on the website. I will post when it is up and running.

12. haf4e

haf4e New Member

Do you have to be a licenced taxidermist to join and or participate. I am very active with hunter safety and the YHEC, youth hunter education challenge. I also tried to find this on the internet with no luck.

Lee

13. nuthin fancy

nuthin fancy New Member

i was born in baltimore md !!!

14. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

:-\ Just where is Maryland? Seams to me we talked about that is school years ago. ???

15. The 2007 Maryland Competition/conference is June 8-10. You do not have to be a licensed taxidermist to join the association. Anyone that is new, learning, experienced, or interested is welcome.

16. i'm from baltimore also

17. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

Drafthorse I know you from the backyard chickens chat!