1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

wt deer fangs?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by cKritter, Feb 11, 2010.

1. cKritter

cKritter happy wife happy life

Iv seen alot of deer over the years and have never seen this

Attached Files:

2. Bear Claw

Bear Claw New Member

??? wow that is different for sure.............

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I have never seen that anywhere,,, other then here every other month when one is posted.

4. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

T, your someth'n else lol!

5. cKritter

cKritter happy wife happy life

sorry Mr sarcastic , I dont live on here, I've been doing taxidermy 15 years seen easily a couple thousand deer and havnt seen it before.

6. hidvalltax

hidvalltax Dont travel faster than your guardian angel can go

looks like wolf teeth , horses loose them

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

cKritter, scroll up to the top, and under your sign in name there is a search box, type "fang" in it and see what you come up with. Personally, I have not had one through my hands, but as I mentioned,, seen them here a lot of times, and we know that there will be more new finds posted in the future. Congratulations,, it's like catching a tagged Walleye.

8. I got my first last week. The guy wanted a Euro so he is in for a treat when he gets it back.

9. Ive been doing taxidermy for 4 years and have euro mounted 2 that had that. kinda cool looking

10. i had i last year i did a euro mount

11. Louie

Louie New Member

Are they actual teeth or just bone spurs?

12. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

LOL T. I love it.

Yes, they are real teeth. They are canine teeth and they're a carry over from prehistoric times. The muntjac is todays "dinosaur" with it's canines. Elk and sika have "buglers" or "whistlers" or "ivories". The half dozen or so that I've had over the years are just like that one.

cKritter, I can't imagine doing that many deer and not seeing several of them. They're not rare, but are uncommon.

13. Down here in the south we get them every year. Had three so far this year. :)