1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Excellant Florida show!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by mountingman, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Just wanted to say that the Florida state taxidermy associations show they put on this week/weekend Has been awesome! very informative seminars and like 12-15 vendors! Very impressive! Dan Gill from Montana is one of the judges and a heck of a nice guy and very willing to explain and teach!! Those that missed it, you missed a great show! Heck of a way to start the year!! The members are super friendly and just a great association! The awards banquet is tonight with competition viewing later today. hopefully someone can post pictures as i forgot my camera.

2. Mink

Mink New Member

It really was a great show! Unfortunately I could not stay for the banquet but I had a great time at the seminars and learned a lot from Dan Gill's informative critiques. And I took a lot of pictures! Here are just a few:

These are my own entries -- I scored a very high second place on everything, and the bobcat's habitat got 1st place.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mink

Mink New Member

Here are some of the other entries. There was some amazing stuff in that showroom! (I took SO many more pictures but I still have to edit/resize most of them.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But of all of them,THIS should have won!!
    [​IMG]

4. The people were great and i did better than i could have hoped. thanks for putting up a pic of my bobcat and coyote! Any chance you have one of my mountain lion?

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

That bobact in the tree ROCKS!

6. Thanks to louis scott i got a picture of my mountain lion mount. I am no Phil Soucy, Ashely Barret, Or Leland Reinier but i think it turned out ok. Thanks to Dan Gill and all the judges for judging the show and sharing their knowledge.

Attached Files:

7. R Qualls

R Qualls New Member

Great show,thanks to the assoc. and judges

8. Big Cat

Big Cat Member

Congrats Steve I am proud of you. And I am glad you got something out of being here. Those blues look good.

Your Friend, Leland aka Big Cat

9. Thanks Leland! I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me and wouldn't have been able to achieve all that i did without that! If anyone is interested in taking a heck of a cat class then Leland Reinier at Big cat taxidermy in craig CO is the place to go!!

10. ReporterSr

ReporterSr If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

The coyote with the bobcat in the tree and the mountain lion all rock -- nice job.

11. TY

TY New Member

This was the first show I missed in some 10 years, family trip to NC skiing. Always a great show, hope to see everyone next year!

12. The lifesize whitetail in the photo was done by Charlie Lastella.
    He received Best Whitetail 2010 by Walnut Creek Hardwoods, Collective Artist Award to Charlie and Terry Lastella and two first place blue ribbons!
    What a great peice1

13. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Steve, congratulations on winning the WASCO Award with your beautiful bobcat and coyote. You are the first artist in the 2010 WASCO Award listing at www.taxidermy.com.

14. HQ

HQ New Member

Nice Job Steve!

-Jeremy

15. Mink

Mink New Member

Does anyone know who's bobcat won the President's Challenge? As I mentioned before I could not attend the banquet, so I did not see who got which awards.

16. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

Congratulations Steve on some really great looking mounts.

17. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Its the Sportfishing Capital of the World, and there wasn't any fish there??????

18. Hey willingham wished i got a chance to meet you at the show but i don't think i did. My bobcat won the presidents challenge. It alsowon a blue ribbon, the Walnut creek best life-size and the WASCO award. The coyote won a Blue ribbon and best of catagory, The Mt lion won a blue ribon, best of catagory, Mckenzie best lifesize, Best professional mount, and judges choice best of show as well as peoples choice best of show. Thanks to everyone in the association, the show, the judges, all you guys on here that share your knowledge, leland-your the best, Ralph and Sandy Garland and many others.

19. Great job Steve!! See ya at surry!!

20. Mink

Mink New Member

Your cat certainly deserved it all! That was a great looking mount. Mine got second place with a score of 88 but I still have a ways to go. That was the highest score I've ever gotten though. I'll definitely be there next year, and hopefully I will be able to go to the banquet then too!