1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

tell me what you see wrong

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by kycooner, Feb 17, 2007.

1. kycooner

kycooner Set'em Up Josie

your input greatly appreciated

2. kycooner

kycooner Set'em Up Josie

1 more ,soory about the low quality pics

3. kycooner

kycooner Set'em Up Josie

1st coon

4. mobowhunter

mobowhunter New Member

Looks good to me, good job!

5. hunterray2002

hunterray2002 http://www.finandfoto.com

Looks real good ky, I like the shoulder mount and that coon is awesome mounted up like that. I've neevr seen one done that way with the hide inbehind it. cool idea'

6. RStanton

RStanton New Member

Stop mounting immediately, and take a reference study sabbatical. There is severe shrinkage eveywhere, finish work is nonexistent, and anatomical shapes are completely absent. I'm not normally this brusque, but my daddy always said "practice don't make perfect, perfect practice does."
    Putting out work in volume is only good if you strive to make big improvements each time, otherwise you are simply reinforcing bad habits. Look for the "where it all fell apart" thread. Glen has some great pics of what a properly thinned cape should look like. Once you have shrinkage issues under control, you can actually start getting your skin to stay put. Then, and only then, will you be able to make the full use of your reference material. For finishing methods, reference is again your best friend.

7. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

Rstanton is apparently seeing something I don't. I think it looks pretty darn good, of course the picture quality is lousy, but he admitted that, which makes it even harder for me to figure out how Rstanton see's whats wrong... I agree the coon mounted like that is very clever, neat idea!

8. kycooner

kycooner Set'em Up Josie

tried 1 outside,in the front yard,see if its any clearer

9. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Nice deer, and I like how you did the coon!

10. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

ok, from what I can see the front of the eyes are messed up, like the eyeball is set way in the back of the socket and there is way too much skin in the front??? Also where's it's eyelids?

11. coon hunter

coon hunter Truman Waddell 270-589-7828 Brownsville Ky

That looks good and the coon is neat .

12. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

Hard to tell from the photos, but clearly you are a much better taxidermist than photographer. Overall the deer looks pretty good to me, there are a few details like the ones already mentioned, but would make a customer happy in my opinion. The coon is very good and a creative mount! I'm going to have to try that myself. Keep up the good work!

MLP

13. Deer has no left earbutt, looks like ear is attachedto form with no earbutt. Rick........

14. Kycooner is your camera set on nightframing or nightshot. If so, switch to the other setting and try a couple of shots. Frank.

15. Hogger

Hogger "The Gipper"

You need to use more clay above and below the glass eye to build up more bulge. The eyes look like they are about to pop out from no support.

16. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

great coon

17. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I like the concept of the coon mount. But take Rstantons advice, more mounts done without the basics or foundation being correct are not going to show improvement.

18. John T

John T Glad I called off work this day!!!

Looks like your bottom lip is a little crooked

19. beebe

beebe New Member

need to work on the eyes and lips need to be tucked better it worth it to buy good reference.This forum dose have some reference for you to look at.

20. passthebuck

passthebuck New Member

MA
    Is it just the pics or is that nose off bottom rt side?