1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

have you ever got a customer that didn't have much of a reaction

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bobbi Meyer, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

when they came to pick up their mount?
    One of my customers came by to pick up his mount and about all he said was "looks pretty good."
    Most of them go on and on about how it looks great or awesome, but his was wasn't?
    I have had customers in the past that I have known personally that didn't have a huge reaction, but they were also
    people that were always folks of few words, and even though I know they liked the mount, I don't expect a huge reaction
    from them, if that makes sense.
    Now I'm sitting here wondering if he didn't like it?
    Maybe I'm just beating myself up over this and just need my ego stroked when they get their finished mounts and I didn't get
    it this time and feel a little let down........
    maybe I'm over reacting?
    aarggggghhhhhhhhh!!! LOL

2. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Quit worrying. Cash the check and move on.

3. Bobbi Meyer

yeah you're right......I guess if he thinks it sucked the check will still be good!! LOL I hope!

4. jmgriggs

jmgriggs Distinguished Wildlife Creations, LLC

Had one do just the same to me this past Saturday but I did just what Rick said. Smiled all the way to the bank.

5. Bobbi Meyer

maybe the ones that aren't real thrilled are the ones who know what they are looking for!!! UH OH hehehe

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

That's just a lot of peoples personalities Bobbi. They are very nonchalant. Cash the check and keep going. You'll probably see him again next year :)

7. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I have had a lot of those & they dont change when they come back either. One of our best retail customers shows no emotion at all, he just keeps on spending money.

8. #1 headhunter

#1 headhunter New Member

Only problem I ever had was sometimes when they are quiet, they are thinking that their deer was bigger. I started measuring in front of them to keep that from happening. Its not all about getting their money. Most are people who will be around forever and you want them to be pleased

9. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Are you expecting them to fall down and kiss your feet? LOL

10. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

Bobbi I learned a while ago that I keep mounts on display in my shop and I keep photo's on my website and at hand in the shop. People have ample opportunity to see the quality of work I do. If they don't like the work and still leave there head than that is entirely there problem. They know what you are capable of.

That is like me shopping for a home and picking out one I don't like and after it is built expecting it to be my dream home.

There are some people you can't please no matter what you do.

I have had repeat customers act the exact same way. They have so many other mounts that one new one isn't that big of a deal. They still come back every year.

I would't worry about it to much. He probably liked it and you will be seeing him again next year.

11. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Nobody can see inside a customers head. I had one walk in the door with the money in his hand, toss it on the table, grabbed his deer off the wall, he said thanks as he went out the door.. He didn't even inspect or look at it.

12. Bobbi Meyer

Hey T...you forgot Phd at the end of your name!! LOl

13. D.C.O

D.C.O Dreamcatcher Outfitters & Taxidermy

I have recently discovered that most people don't have a clue what they are looking at. A good mount looks the same as a OK one. most just look at the antlers and never see whats below them! myself included until I decided to go into taxidermy.

14. gobbler71

gobbler71 Member

SOME people don't know what they are looking at others sure do and will tell you all they know about taxidermy which makes me wonder why don't they mount the deer themselves. I called a guy to come look at his deer because I knew the outcome would bring me more work, he loved it gave me two hundred smackers towards (cash) towards bill took a picture and left. Hour later his brother calls wants to know when he can bring his two deer over. Same day I had a girl pick up her first buck with her father, never said a word about the deer only about the weather, work and such. People are very different, but they will let you know if they DON'T like your work.

15. dipper

dipper New Member

My hunch is, he's concentrating on the antlers. Heck, he could be a guy who has 15 other mounts, and this rack wasn't quite as big, as he would have liked. Sure, he is briefly looking over your work, but those antlers, are what he's taking his pride in. Out of curiosity, how big was the rack?

16. Bobbi Meyer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. dipper

dipper New Member

stroke stroke LOL

18. TomCat

TomCat Tommy B. <(((><

Bobbi think about what you said, you know some people who are of few words and expect few words from them, maybe he's just one of those type. if not cash the check and keep on trucking. ;)

19. HCT

HCT New Member

I just had one of those. Guy brought in a deer, with the face blown apart. I was able to sew in part of another cape for a pretty seamless repair. They did not want a replacement cape. They didnt say a whole lot when they picked it up. I was expecting- "Thats a Miracle!" I think they were wondering if I switched the whole cape on them. I did take pictures of the repair process as proof, and showed them while they paid the bill.

I just learned that they are very happy with it from a third party.

On the other hand I had a guy rave about a pair of pheasants. He walked in and the air when right out of him! He said I didnt charge him enough and wanted to pay me more!

Dif strokes!

20. DPatterson

DPatterson New Member

I've seen customers who aren't sure which deer is even theirs on a wall of finished deer.