1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Cool Raven daniel ;). Corvids rule!

2. Sprigman

Sprigman Member

One I did a few weeks ago but still needs finish work. Not near as good as you guys but thought I would throw one up. Sorry for the crappy picture ...snapped it with my cell phone.

Attached Files:

3. wildwings

wildwings New Member

Ok I am bored heres tonights bird !
    [​IMG]

4. alexm

alexm New Member

Here's one I just did that woodie looks great .

Attached Files:

5. wildwings

wildwings New Member

Thanks I am trying to catch up to 1/2 of you guys ! Someday maybe.

6. Great work as usual everyone. James love the turkey's and sprigman thanks for posting, nice little GWT. Wildwings, I really like the woody presentation. Neat base! Trying to get to all my geese this month to make room for turkey's. Here is a honker I finished yesterday. Now on to preening, and more geese, oh my! Talk with you all soon. John

[​IMG]

7. snowhare

snowhare New Member

A White Stork chik, bah like skinning en egg man

Snow

Attached Files:

8. Joshbritt

Joshbritt New Member

Sprigman, I like the teal!

9. Sample panels. That marten looks awesome, stork too!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. wingman

wingman Active Member

WOW Mike! That bark panel is amazingly real, even looks "rotten" on the edge even Awesome!! Snowy you don't "realize" how good you are ;) Great looking stuff everyone!. I am working on a small batch of wholesale birds this week then finishwork next week, almost 50 birds to "get out" next week and I HATE finishwork :( I will try to post up some pics when time allows :)

11. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member

Nice goose WCT.

12. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Does this mean that you will be selling them ?

13. A little tweeking later today and it's time to let it dry

Attached Files:

14. taxidermycollector

taxidermycollector I am in Europe, sooo no need for Uncle Sam's regs

Red grouse

Attached Files:

• rg5.JPG
      rg5.JPG
      File size:
      33.5 KB
      Views:
    • rg6.JPG
      rg6.JPG
      File size:
      35.1 KB
      Views:
  15. Wingman, 50 birds to finish! That hurts, but I know you'll get'er done. Post pics for sure. Glasseye, Samples panels are what I make for a client or architect so they can see what the finished product will look like. Made these for a meeting yesterday in NJ.

M.

16. alexm

alexm New Member

Thanks M for the comments on the marten those rocks and bark look great I got a sneak peek at those 50 birds Wingman did so many different poses can't wait to see them finished ! :eek:

17. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Wingman
    That is a lot of birds!
    Alex
    I got to see the Kings doing the wild thing this morning. That is a very good sign so far in the breeding season. Now if they can just be comfortable with my nest sites.

18. Sprigman

Sprigman Member

Here is a couple on my workbench. The wigeon has the carding removed but still needs the feet painted and the habitat work. The woodie kicked my butt last Saturday. I normally paint my bills before I put them together but this was one of those hurry up and mount things so I didn't get it painted before hand. I'm new to the forum and not near as good as you guys who post on here. I'm amazed at the very talented artist on here and looks like some of you have taking some photography classes as well.

Attached Files:

19. daniel

daniel New Member

dont put yourself dowm sprigman those ducks look 8) 8) the best daniel ;)

20. kostas

kostas New Member

a bird again