1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. wingman

wingman Active Member

Re: What on your workbench?

Card em up and tape em down ;D ;) LOL I have very good luck with the tape holding things in place and stopping any distortion. I could SATURATE 8) 8) the pics a bit and REALLY hit ya in the head!! LOL :)

2. abyorth

abyorth New Member

Finished up a wood duck tonight for one of my friends, hes giving it to his son for his Birthday.
    [​IMG]

3. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Bird works here ya go. :D

here is a ruffy I just mounted, and boy was he Ruff!, Completely crushed skull and you should see the other side. looked like they were in the middle of plucking him and said I think I will have him mounted...lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Critiques always welcome.

4. musgraves

musgraves New Member

what do you have to do to put pictures on here i keep trying but it says it says my attachment is to big

5. meopilite

meopilite New Member

MN

[​IMG]

6. Re: What on your workbench?

Kings for me...

Salmon that is. And a Specklebelly on deck. I don't mind doing fish, other than they take away from my true passion of waterfowl.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Re: What on your workbench?

Enjoy your taxidermy time now my friend... ;)

8. daniel

daniel New Member

hi RICKP i thought the same as what RDA said even before i saw his post thats a well organised shop i thought ::) great thread this might be as popular as the rare birds thread hope so ;) ;) daniel

9. wings II

wings II New Member

Abyorth, thanks for sharing that pic, very nice.
    Hoss, That's some serious grooming going on sir! Love the presentation...(I don't give critiques as I don't believe I'm qualified to do so...I just enjoy seeing the work.) 8)
    Meopilite - great bench shot!
    Rhodes - those fish bring back memomories...I used to mount 100 deer, 60 predators and about 150 fish a year before I was able to specialize in only birds :D
    daniel - I'm waiting to see some of your great work Sir...or at least a habitat base (ground work) ;)

I got a PM asking me about this thread last night and here's how I explained it:

You can go to a furniture store and see a beautiful table expertly crafted on display OR you can go to where they make them and see them being put together by the wood workers...to me, lots more fun!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. wingman

wingman Active Member

Hoss, I think your to tough on yourself, Thats not a bad piece of work if the bird was as "RUFF" :), as you said. doesnt look to bad to me!

11. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Thanks, I blame it on my Barber brush...lol

12. daniel

daniel New Member

hi bird works im hoping to do one or 2 birds soooon just in the process of insulating my shed im tired of sitting when i need to go when ive been in the shed for a few hours if you know what i mean ;D ;D its colder in there than outside :( by the way nice pintail ;) the best daniel

blklab likes this.
  13. A Green Wing Teal that almost wen't into the garbage last night.

14. wingman

wingman Active Member

Heres one from a while back, "assembly lining them up" For a change of pace, trying to avoid the two a day burnout :p

Attached Files:

15. King Eider

King Eider Member

a few new ones.

Attached Files:

16. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

on my work bench at the minute is a female harris hawk and a himalayn niltava 8) both defrosting ;D

17. wingman

wingman Active Member

King Eider, nice lookin birds! Lee, I knew what a Harris hawk is BUT I had to Google "niltava", coming from you I figured it to be a slang word for "hot chick" ;D LOL. Pics would have helped me clarify that without the aid of Google. ;) LOL

18. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

;D wingman niltava is just a small tweety with a long tail 8) you should know this ;D to be honest when i got it , i hadnt heard of them either ;D ;D 8) ;)

19. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

before

Attached Files:

20. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

After ;D.

Attached Files: