1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Samson

Samson New Member

Great mounts everyone. :eek: that woodie group is very inspiring.
    on my workbench yesterday, a 38 year old male Golden Eagle, my first one too ;D
    i hope, i can do it justice :-\

Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

2. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

i'm sure you'll do just fine karin

3. great work everyone. awesome woody scene... heres todays mallard

Attached Files:

4. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

Hurry up with finished pictures of the Eagle Samson, good luck with it, theyre a pain to do.

5. babak

babak Active Member

wonderful malard Bryan D.

6. IDForkHorn

IDForkHorn Common sense just isn't that common anymore

Nice Bryan!

7. Samson

Samson New Member

thank you for the encouraging words museum man,
    and Capercaillie, now I'm not so happy anymore, a pain they are? i think cappers are a pain ;D
    the mount will take some time because the customer said, finish it in September, but i can't wait that long :D ::)
    i make sure, to post pics when I'm done with the Eagle....

greetings, Karin

8. wingman

wingman Active Member

Beautiful mallard!.... Heres a couple from Today, Pintail Mallard hybrid and a Woodie. The woodie will be "pickin acorns" when completed. :)

Attached Files:

9. wingman

wingman Active Member

Heres a "SHOPSHOT" taken a week or so ago,I had some help for a couple weeks putting together a large "order" 26 more to go, My help/Student didnt stay long enough. :mad: Sure was nice to have some company for a couple weeks, its going to be a finishwork "Hell" once i finally do get to that stage. :)

Attached Files:

10. WOW wingman, you've been busy

11. wingman

wingman Active Member

Getting "tired" to LOL. ;) Heres a better shot of the one wall, most of these are "ceiling" birds for a Sporting goods store display. I will try to post up some of the finished stuff before delivery.

Attached Files:

12. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

If thats you Eugene Streekstra (spl?) I saw several of your birds in Sheels sporting goods store in Rapid City while I was visiting S. Dakota. Great work. It was pretty strange being from Oklahoma and seeing your stuff on here than seeing it in person almost a 1000 miles from home.

13. babak

babak Active Member

wingman,WOW!!!!JUST WOW!!!

dmac1175,yes he is!!!!

14. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

MAN! what a bunch of great looking birds, I guess everyone has a favorite bird and mine would be a rooster pheasant, I believe hunting them as a boy and holding that beautiful bird in my hand motivated me into finding a way to preserve them, I enjoy looking at Wingmans roosters which I think are done as well as any I have seen, I would like to see some finished shots of the roosters also, anyway great job don't forget the Wing Tips they are much appreciated.

15. Wingman you're a bird stuffin maniac for sure!! Great work.

16. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

Great work eugene, love that pose of that wood duck. cant wait to see it finished

17. Beautiful work everyone. Here's a pair i put together today

Attached Files:

18. cinnaman

cinnaman New Member

Hey Eugene, I see a spot on that wall for one more bird. ;) ;) That wood duck looks awesome.

19. Polecat killed in traffic.
    greetings Henk

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      118.7 KB
      Views:
  20. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

Awesome Work Eugene...Love that Woody looking up!