1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

and some hours later :p

Attached Files:

2. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Maybe tomorrow I can attach one of these heads.

Attached Files:

3. ludvik

ludvik beginner taxidermist :-)

AWSOME mounts Eugene, Pat,Mat and taxos!!!!!!!
    wow taxos did you get all that fat out of the little owl :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D ok i understand where is the big fat duck you have done!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D hmm that owl had fit nice in my collection ::)

4. Nice birds, everyone! Hey Pat, put just a touch of curl on those primes and that Brandt is smokin'!!!

5. featherworks

featherworks New Member

Glass eye, those heads are amazing ;D Pat, that is still one of my favorite brant poses to date. :eek:

Not much to show today... just more skinnin, fleshin, and washin :p

Pintail, Woodrow, 2 BB Tree Ducks, and 2 Specs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

yeah it was a fat lil bugger Ludvik!!!

7. wings II

wings II New Member

Phil, that's a new base that Eugene turned me onto...from Walnut Hollow. As you know, you can't use glue on wood bases as you risk them warping so I have been pouring a thin coat of casting resin into the base and laying the gravel on top. IMPORTANT: You have to seal the whole thing with the clear sealer spray so it can be dusted and not attract the dirt. Hope this helps. :)

8. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

No birds lately, finishing up WT's, and doin some fish.

[​IMG]

9. alexm

alexm New Member

Here's mine may be birds next week Have a great week end every one .
    Alex

Attached Files:

10. daniel

daniel New Member

very nice alex thats why we havent heard from you for a few days been busy i see most people have a pheasant or a duck so far youve had a bear and a nyala i think thats what its called the best to you daniel ;) ;) ps i think you deserve a few beers after that ;)

11. cooper669

cooper669 New Member

Nice work everybody! Taxos, that owl is beautiful, very nice.

12. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Oregon
    I finally got back to a pair of harlequin drakes I had to figure out. I started them a while back, but haven't been able to get thier owner to decide exactly what he wanted to do with them. We discussed several different options and couldn't get anything quite right. Both birds were absolutely full-pattern-broken-up everywhere. Total wing and leg reconstruction involved with both and several large rips in the heads. Dead mount scene of some kind is what we settled on. I had a piece of driftwood that was going to work with a natural slotted branch at the bottom that will hold up one of his hand carved harlequin decoys below the birds. The lower drake's head will be resting over the decoy's back. The decoy will be facing to the right. I still need to do some habitat work on the panel behind the driftwood. Hopefully it turns out interesting enough. I have an oldsquaw hen decoy covered with a plastic bag now just to get the bird to start drying right until I get the harlequin decoy in the scene...
    [​IMG]

13. Waterfowler

Waterfowler New Member

Pat, your dead mounts are outta this world. :eek: At first my eye caught the open mouth, and i thought that was a nice touch that you don't see too often in dead mounts, but happens in real life. Then i saw the eye set on the right drake......you my friend have nailed this piece. It is amazing how much life you put into the two dead mounts that i have seen of yours.( this one and the pintail pair). Got me itching to try a dead mount..... i just can't talk anyone into it. Job well done.

14. alexm

alexm New Member

Great Job on the harleys wow I have a pic of some we killed my boy and I look the same Thanks Daniel Got a few more big pieces left to do then a beer :D
    Alex.

15. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Attached Files:

16. alexm

alexm New Member

Here's mine for today..a mule deer

Attached Files:

17. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Nothing to hard tonight.

[​IMG]

18. Brian

Brian Active Member

glasseye, that turkey is friggin awesome man!!!!

19. featherworks

featherworks New Member

Been kinda busy these last few days, so here are some recent pics from the workbench:
    Yesterday- Molding, casting and painting the brewers duck head;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today was full of feet and masters blend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Phil, you must be one lucky taxidermist, to get all of those feet and not have one leg or thigh bone busted up. they must shoot pretty good in sw mississippi. haha. Absolutely love the brewers head. Paint job turned out well. cant wait to see the final piece. Josh