1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. babak

babak Active Member

thank you Milo my friend,

good advices from you and Karin,i have two videos and how to mount this beautiful creature and bunch of tutorials from my really good friends Bryan Foley and the others. i used to use caulk in chukers and the other birds so it will not be a problem i think....i will use foot to foot method if i want to cut around the bill,but why i should use it when i will use the real skull?i can easily turn the head out like normal way which is used for chukers and other uplands,eh?

2. capreolus

capreolus New Member

some work from yesterday..

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Wow, kapreolus! beautiful parrots!
    And that's what I have on the wall in the studio hanging :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    And one more ;D
    [​IMG]

5. Skua

Skua Member

excellent birds :)Rustax

6. wings II

wings II New Member

Wow! Excellent work from everyone...we are lucky to be able to see such phenomenal work from around the world.

Dennis, I can't wait to see all my friends in Kansas! I have just acquired the Widgeon for the Seminar and I think we are going to have lots of fun. I spoke with Robert Martinez last night and he said that he is going to make the trip up with a load of cedar driftwood as well. I am probably going to get my hiney handed to me, but I am hoping to have something put together by the time the show rolls around. I'll see y'all there Dennis! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. capreolus

capreolus New Member

thank you RusTax, great job on that owl ! i mean actually all of your mounts are simply stunning pieces..

8. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

The only thing I have to say is , WOW !!!
    Matthias, I love the kea, looks busy and alive,
    RusTax, as I said to your magpie, I would take everything for my collection, all of the birds you show here in the past look great and especially that grey owl is a hammer,
    Matt, great waterfowl-work as ever, I think I have to come over the ocean, to have a workshop or a seminar with you,
    Feather, I only have done 2 of this nice birds, but no of them looked good as yours,

Rainer.

9. babak

babak Active Member

very nice mounts every one,my first of all pheasant with lots of pin feathers in back and many many feathers lost in tail and back!!look at this URL and say your ideas please,
    http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,328017.0.html

[​IMG]

10. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. JBird

JBird Member

really fantastic stuff (love the hoody & woody KMA - always just flawless) Rus Tax - that has got to be one of the smoothest most accurately put together owls I've ever seen - OUTSTANDING (great hooded crow too)

12. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Thanks for the compliments guys, :)today fought with skin owl which was lying in the freezer for three years, it is very difficult to clean the pen and then put it back in place
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. spencer2

spencer2 Member

My first goose[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Amazing RusTax!!!!!!

15. babak

babak Active Member

RusTax,you're really talented ,outstanding works!

cool pheasants milo,....
    spencer ,nice mount.

16. OOS

OOS New Member

Greetings all!!!It has long been absent here :) Great job everyone!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. babak

babak Active Member

OOS,long time no see!nice mounts my friend!

18. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

RusTax and OOS,
    incredible work on your birds of prey and OOS fantastic actiion in your mounts, hope to see M U C H more of you soon,
    spencer2, your first goose is unbelievable, go on doing such fantastic work,

Rainer

19. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Your mounts are always pleasure to watch OOS,really talented work!!

20. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Such beautiful work!! Those owls are really nice. Are the eyes going to stay partially closed? I like it a lot! Not to slight the other birds which are quite nice too! Feather, that Bluewing local ?