1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. spencer2

spencer2 Member

[​IMG]

2. Ludvik and Peter Span, Those Waxwings are superb! So much good work here to look at, but when a bird pops out at me, I must send my compliments!

You European guys don't get enough credit for your birds because we're so jealous that we're so limited to the species we can mount. OK, I'm speaking for myself lol, but those small birds look like they are simply pictures of a bird in the wild. Fantastic work fellas!

3. nice mount Spencer! ;D

4. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Babak,, woodcocks are challenging, and for your first, thats awesome man, ...Im not trying to make you feel good...Im telling u the truth.
    keep it up.
    (dont compare yourself with others,, compare yourself with yourself only ;) ) people are not comparable, every single dermist is unique to his/her own, where they are, what can they get their hands on, who is around them to get guidance and help, etc... but something you can and should do is, try to beat your previous work everytime., you know where your flaws are better than anybody else. Use other people's work for Inspiration.

5. bigworm

bigworm Member

This is what I have on my work bench this week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Here is Saturdays project!

[​IMG]

7. schenk

schenk Member

Nice Mounts!!! I will have something up here soon. Awesome stuff.

8. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

wolfgang, beautiful mounts....i don't know how they could have come out any better.

9. Wolfgang, You Sir have the mandarin down to a science, as well as all your birds, but those mandarins sure have a place in your heart don't they?. I would love to visit your aviary someday.

10. spencer2

spencer2 Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Thanks guys!!
    Pete-pec if you come up this summer I can find some holes to dig, LOL!

12. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

13. I can dig for sure, but it might cost you one of those pretty birds you have! lol

14. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Wolfgang, fantastic your white mandarins, never have had one
    spencer2, you did super job on both of your flying mounts, congratulations
    brazosboyt, great job with so much pin feathers on that fulvous and also fantastic job on the artifical head and I am looking forward to see your harlies

Rainer

15. Jorlan

Jorlan New Member

Wow! Just checking in and I love the work.
    Spencer- I think you've got that pose nailed.
    Bigworm- I like the Pintail.
    Rustax- The Mallard is perfect.
    Duck Norris- Love the Wigeon. That's my favorite pose on puddle ducks. Very smooth.
    Wolfgang- Just another Saturday project for you...amazing.
    Brazosboyt- Not only is it a rare BPR, but the color is gorgeous. I like the whistler too. Can't wait to see the Harlis; my personal favorite, though, I've never seen one in person.

Hunting season is winding down and I will finally get to join in on the fun. Didn't collect much this year. Probably 6 birds to do before next fall. No buck this season, but got 4 bobcats to try.

16. schenk

schenk Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The problem side!! Flopping birds and kids that stomp them in the dirt!! EEK.
    [​IMG]

17. JBird

JBird Member

I normally don't post on workbench mainly cause I'm just to damn lazy to take a photo until I'm done :p but this guy literally kicked my butt the last week - and although at first I thought I charged plenty - after doing it - I feel I should have doubled it - and added a zero at the end - OY!! I HATE SWANS - I've handled my fair share of swans - this bad boy dwarfs any that I've ever seen - fleshing it was enough to make me want to quite bird taxidermy all together - I may never get the swan fat smell out of my head......sheeeesh (btw if my wife knew i'd be on the streets faster than you can imagine - but I did find that our jacuzzi tub with hot water, dawn, and the jets running - made for a brilliant way to wash, clean and rinse the swan skin ;D )

before I post though - I did want to say HOLY COW ROB OLSON - you have a real knack for small birds - seriously - they are STUNNING !!!! you did a masterful job on both of them - way to go. (wire frame?)

Wolfgang - I've always found you to be a great artist in your taxidermy - but you have outdone yourself with that piece - I have to echo the others sentiments - you have mastered those mandarins - exquisite !!!

Well this guy has a LOT of grooming and finish work left to do - better get to it -

[​IMG]

18. mcrib1981

mcrib1981 New Member

awesome swan Jbird... incredible

19. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

wonderful job Jeff, I did not know, that you have them in US
    season ended here in Germany yesterday,

Rainer

20. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Hi guys, Wolfgang, stunning Mandarin!
    Today fought head Goshawk. This hawk began attending fowl and chickens there, and then decided to shoot him, as he had already killed three chickens. The law permits us to do so in such cases, since the hard drive off a hawk from this in the future.
    Unfortunately, the shot came in the head that's what I tried today with him to create one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]