1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Thank everyone, KMA amazing work as usual! I'm loving the goose and the Buffy.

2. robolson

robolson www.frozeninflight.com

Not sure if i posted this yet, but here are some small gamebirds I did a while back. I wireframed the Woodcocks and carved the Virginia Rails.

Attached Files:

3. robolson

...and a Tundra Swan. Seems like I jump from the smallest birds to the largest birds sometimes. :p The other day I went from mounting a cockatiel to putting together a turkey. Quite a change as far as size goes, but you do what you need to in order to get birds out the door! I'm sure a lot of people here can relate! :)

Attached Files:

4. spencer2

spencer2 Member

[​IMG]

5. Sea Duck

Sea Duck New Member

Nice work everyone, here is a pair of wood ducks I'm working on and that's Little Eddie pretending he doesn't care.
    [​IMG]

6. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Hey Matt, stunning work, I love the redhead, I think it is the same as in BOTW, it is great
    Gwamp, I like the mallards and the deadmounts
    robolsen, the swan is outstanding and the cocks are really nice
    spencer2, smooth work on your mallard

Rainer

7. babak

babak Active Member

amazing works every one,and Matt as usual your mounts are outstanding, roboson those are some of the most beautiful mounts Ive ever seen !and the others as well!

8. Adam Edwards

Adam Edwards Member

Utah
    Nice work everyone, a very fat teal is on my workbench

[​IMG]

9. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Thank you guys, perhaps it was the most difficult bird to this year (after the Cuckoo) Babak, if I could send you some how my woodcock, you would be able to practice a lot on them. Accumulated a lot of them, but they do not have time to create one. Woodcock is one of my favorite birds, I love spring hunt for him. But for your first woodcock is simply an excellent result, knowing its weak and thin skin.
    WCTaxidermy мandarin cool, I dream to work with this bird ever,brazosboyt -always happy to look at your work, just respect ,robolson -no words, fantastic job!
    here are a few of my pintail, assembled for today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    of course still need to take time installing and fixing feather but the strength to look at them is not present ;D

10. babak

babak Active Member

RUSTAX,Again nice mounts!

11. eyeconicstore

eyeconicstore New Member

Hi Rob I love this piece of work

Roger Eyeconicstore

12. robolson

Babak, if I saw that woodcock before you saved it, I would've thought it was trash. Great job! Alyssa, have you been taking lessons from Wolfgang? Ya'll's Mandarins are awesome. Brazoboyt, very dynamic poses on the tree ducks. Matt, your birds are always so smooth and clean. Do you use a lot of caulk? Rustax, I like the head/neck junctions on the sprigtails. And the hawk head, holy cow.
    Roger, all my bird mounts have your eyes in them. Thank you so much for making some of the best species specific acrylic eyes in the business. Speaking as a waterfowl guy, if I had to pick a favorite, it would have to be the male Canvasback eyes. Dead on color and an authentic gold circle of correlation between the pupil and iris.
    Jeff, I carved the kingfisher and starling, but the woodcocks were wire-framed.

13. ludvik

ludvik beginner taxidermist :-)

amazing works guys !!!!! here is a black grouse on my bench.

Attached Files:

14. ludvik

ludvik beginner taxidermist :-)

and a caper. still alot of grooming left

Attached Files:

15. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

great work guys,
    Adam, I know this little fatty guys but they are so nice, that it is worth the work,
    Sammy, fantastic pintails, I wonder that you are a allrounder without any weaknesses,
    and ludvik, I love your work on both of the grouse, great pose and clean work,

Rainer

16. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Nice work all!

[​IMG]