1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Sprigman

Sprigman Member

couple on my work bench

Attached Files:

2. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

Nice falcons and Rough-legged buzzard, they seem to be in perfect condition!

3. Samson

Samson New Member

the falcons are in good condition, but the buzzard is full of pinfeathers and the skull is badly brocken, because he flew in a car :'(
    the scottish peregrine and the gyr-peregrine mix are for me, so they will be mounted way later.

Greetings, Karin

4. babak

babak Active Member

sprigman,nice mounts.

5. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

Skin them anyway, you might mount thme sooner then. This always helps for me whit boids for my personal collection haha!

6. Samson

Samson New Member

i skinned all thee birds, because i have a friend, that collects the breastbones of raptors ::)

Greetings, Karin

7. oskare

oskare Iceland

my first bird, never seen this done before, just read a book and a professional took a look at my skinning and gave me a few pointers, it looks like shit but i didnt expect much from the first bird, still needs better grooming and fixing the eyes :)

Attached Files:

8. deerhunter1964

deerhunter1964 Member

A couple of Dead Mount Mallards. One more to add hanging and it will be completed. I'll add the accessories after, duck calls, empty shell boxes..

Attached Files:

9. oskare

oskare Iceland

well i groomed it and bent it and i must say for a first attempt it looks ok
    [​IMG]

10. Still need to paint the feet and of course a lot of grooming but put him together last night and overall I'm happy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

Oskare, why use such ENORMOUS ROPE around the bird? you can't check the feathers at all.

12. oskare

oskare Iceland

its really light, so it doesn't leave a mark :)

13. Here is why I'm struggling with!!!

Attached Files:

14. Sorry meant to say" here's what I'm struggling with"

15. daniel

daniel New Member

hvar er fuglin ??? mer finnst misterin i eyjum hann kristjan ekki hjalpar þer mikið....kv akranes

16. oskare

oskare Iceland

það er enginn kristján að hjálpa mér daniel :)

17. Love the gadwall. Charlie, keep at it, doesn't look that bad!we've all been there. 8)

18. Thanks! I'm going to do it backwards now that I actually have some time to post. Here is the base and the earlier stages, I promise I did it in the right order lol ;D
    BTW I used Wolfgang's dorsal incision and it worked GREAT! I really did love doing it that way and things really fell together nicely.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Does anyone know where I can purchase new ones? I've had these for years and can't find them in my catalogs...

Attached Files:

20. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

Few mallards and snow geese this week.

Attached Files: