1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. nate

nate Active Member

Haven't posted anything for awhile so heres one I put together yesterday.
    [​IMG]

2. Couple cool ones to stuff ;D yea I know it's corny but had to do it.

[​IMG]

Eric

3. oskare

oskare Iceland

holy cow, that is the rare plush kiwi is i not?:D

4. brazoboyt, every time I see the coffee table mount I just love it. It is missing one thing in my opinion which is often looked upon as distasteful, but I feel is still lacking, and that would be blood soaked into the ice from the bills that are hanging over the ice. Have you, or did you consider adding blood even though, no one really does it? I just think it looks very much "in the moment", but that one little thing is missing. I'm not exactly sure I would add it if it were mine, but I've seen this particular piece several times, and that one thing always pops out to me?

Your thoughts?

5. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

X2

(must be a Wisconsin thing . . .)

6. wings II

wings II New Member

Swimmin' in da kelp ;D

[​IMG]

7. snowhare

snowhare New Member

KMA

Wow thats all i can say about this wonder full piece of art

Snow the Hare

8. Matt, how many times did you curse at those damn black ducks? They are sooooo much fun aren't they? It turned out very nice, and I know the displeasure you had dealing with them. ;)

Very nice balance using those three scoters. I've been seeing Brian's vegetation a lot lately.

I was thinking about mounting a large piece with the three species. Having the pairs together with a drake on top, a hen on the bottom (of one species) followed by a hen on top, and a drake on the bottom (of the second species), followed by a drake on top with a hen on the bottom 9of the third. My thought was it would break up the three species and have a neat pattern at the same time. The likelihood of seeing it in the wild? Well you know the answer to that one....lol I'll post it up when I get it done......right about 2015 :(

9. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

I hope those aren't the only birds you brought back from NZ. Post up them hunt pics !

10. babak

babak Active Member

I've just put it together,it's too late for me for being up,so i will work on it later.any help would be appreciate in pose or details and critiques are welcome happily.it's my first goose and second cast head .i painted the foot ,but unfortunately before working on the skin a little bit urethane foam pour on it and messed it up.
    [​IMG]

11. wings II

wings II New Member

Pete, I just kept trying to be positive and telling myself that at least they have tough skins....man, they really are a pain in da' butt :)

....and yes, thank goodness for Brian and his sea duck habitat!

Great job on the Goose Babak!!!

12. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

Burlapped foam decoys.
    Wonder if this project will see an end ... ? Ha
    You know hunting season is just around the corner, right ?

Attached Files:

13. babak

babak Active Member

thank you Matt,here is another photo of it.

bucksnort 10,good job,can't wait to see the finished work,may i ask you to send me the method you're following to make'em?

[​IMG]

14. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

Ok. So as an amateur, deciding to support this bird from the wrist added about 2 hrs of frustration.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. looks good. ;)

16. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

braz, that whistler looks damn good,
    Rainer

17. Adam Edwards

Adam Edwards Member

Utah
    Brazosboyt looks awesome! What gauge did you use for that wing?

18. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

KMA that scoter treo is awesome. Brazosboyt that bird is sweet. I like the pose. Good work everyone good to see guys hard at work producing good looking birds.

Steve

19. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

12 GA galvanized. I modified it some more today by breaking the wrists and putting lift into those primaries.
    [​IMG]

Then I did what I'm best at. Cooking and eating!
    [​IMG]

3 racks of ribs.
    [​IMG]

20. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

hey braz, looks fantastic, it also looks like you are very hungry after your last hunting season with that much of birds you have got,
    Rainer