1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Awesome Wood duck Spencer!

2. wings II

wings II New Member

Spencer that's a BEAUTIFUL woodie...it's been a lot of fun watching you progress over these last two years. All your hard work is paying off!

Also the crawfish report came out today and they say it's going to be a banner season ;)

3. spencer2

spencer2 Member

Thanks for the compliments. It's amazing how pretty they look when put back together correctly.

4. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

That is one stellar Woodrow. Nice job!!

5. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Here's one of two pinnys from today.

Attached Files:

6. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Another that's dry just needs paint. Got lazy and did it before painting head.

Attached Files:

7. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Nice pins.i think im going to get mine out of the freezer and get to work on it as soon as i get my syringes in..:)..

8. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

spencer, that woody is a dream, hope to get one of this quality in my collection anytime,
    drakeman, love the upper pintail, fantastic job
    Rainer

9. spencer2

spencer2 Member

Drakeman sweet pose on that first pintail, gave me an idea for my next flyer. How far away is the body from the wall?

10. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Thank you spencer, Nina, and rai red! Client wanted him cupped and coming in but kind of talked him into this. His body is about 12" from wall.Spencer, Is that just plain scotch tape you used on the woodies side?

11. spencer2

spencer2 Member

Yes it's plain scotch tape. I only use it because it's see through allowing to keep an eye on the pocket feathers.

12. Matt

Matt Active Member

Wow, really nice woodie. I'm finally getting around to some of my spring birds.

Attached Files:

13. Matt, beautiful! You are a very talented individual! Love seeing all your work!

14. Naturalist

Naturalist Member

Works fine in all taxidermists forum! :)
    Pride of Siberia - Luscinia calliope. This Siberian rubythroat . Very beautiful bird . There is a legend that the red spot on the chest of the male - is the blood of Christ ...

Attached Files:

15. 10 times cleaner than my shop :D ::)

16. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Birds of a feather...............glad to see I'm not alone. I hate seeing those squeaky clean shop photos, they make me feel so dirty. ;D

17. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Haha..too funny...nice work every one..

18. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hen Merg for a swimming pair.

19. wings II

wings II New Member

Nice work folks! Nice swimmer Brooke :) Here's a little green wing teal that me and my buddy Gerald did at his shop up in Camden, Arkansas. a big thanks to my friend Angela who brought us the correct head that we needed. ;)

[​IMG]

20. Lizardfeathers

Lizardfeathers Thank you for teaching me through your works...

White-backed Mousebird. Easiest small bird I've ever done. Thick skin like a larger bird!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]