1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

former classmate with some of his work

Attached Files:

2. byrdman

another........before midnight

Attached Files:

3. byrdman

just started lessons with his kid

Attached Files:

4. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

byrdman LOL that kinda 'reminds me of some neighbor kid whose MOM wanted me to show him how to mount a bird,[keep em' busy so they stay out of trouble] well after a couple of hours I could tell he wasn't in to this . Later the next week or so his mom kept smelling something in a clothes drawer ,,opened it up . There was a gutted sparrow with EVERYTHING else present .WHOOO what a mess. His lessons ended.

5. babak

babak Active Member

Thread wrapped hen,as my first hen ever done!!No carcass and bones left inside so i had to guess measurments!!!i will work on the habitat latr and drake will join her!! :D

[​IMG]

6. 689

689 Well-Known Member

Pretty gosh darn good guessing babak..very nice...i like her

7. byrdman

Web ,that was my " april fool"

8. babak

babak Active Member

Hello my friends
    this is my first after 10 months of being out of taxidermy .skins donated by one of my friends without carcass, bones and measurments.although it's my second mallard ever done,i am not happy with results totally,need more grooming yet.any critiques are welcome in pm.legs seems too short and feathers are really messy,needs a time for grooming next day.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

I think it looks nice, and I think reference photos I've seen would show the legs to be short as u called them.

10. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Babak...to make that happen with no measurements is Amazing! Looks as though you have been mounting ducks for years!

Spencer, the hybrid is a Showstopper! Can't wait to see it finished!

Here's my first attempt at curling feathers..... FAIL!:p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. babak

babak Active Member

Wow,nice job on pintail,for your first attempt it turn out great!
    Thank you my friends for your encouragment and positive words!!i don't know why it's not shinny and clean enough like what i see in your mounts,maybe some details has missed or forrgotten while washing ,same as using gas or things!!rinsing has done very carefully after couple of washing repeating but gas is not available,personally i am very careful about rinsing !!i tried not to overdo or missing things but i am not happy with it ,cuz maybe not keeping hands in practice for a long time made sth wrong to some extent! ;)

Here is what is inside of drake mallard
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. hop

hop Member

nice persian rug! :)

13. 689

689 Well-Known Member

Luv'in the swag on that pintail brooke

14. babak

babak Active Member

Mr hop,

Yes those are really priceless,specially old ones.both of hand made rugs in this photo are old and very unique,but no one cares here,where they are producing and plentiful.

15. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Brooke I like the curling on your pintail, for your first effort it looks sweet. It really is not easy to curl the feathers with out damaging them.

16. wilcox1088

wilcox1088 Active Member

[​IMG]
    Badly pin feathered canvasback

17. ranger77

ranger77 New Member

love the workbench photos

Attached Files:

18. MallardsFowlLife

MallardsFowlLife Well-Known Member

Finally getting back on the birds after all the deer this year. Quick workbench shots before they get completely covered in tape ;D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. wilcox1088

wilcox1088 Active Member

[​IMG]
    one more for me

20. MallardsFowlLife

MallardsFowlLife Well-Known Member

And an after work Canvasback for today
    [​IMG]