1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. wingman

wingman Active Member

Trophy birds "someone loves you!!!!" I see the note LOL ;)

2. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

got the deer mounted, did a deer skull had to rebuild brow tines and a few tips, and painted some feet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Waterfowler

Waterfowler New Member

Hey wingman, Thought about trying potato starch, but this is just borax. I usually dust them in it while i am setting my wires, building muscle, etc. I do both airbrushing and oil painting. Most common birds that i do and if i am in no rush to send them out i just oil paint. Open mouth, or some species i airbrush. I can usually do a better job mixing oil paints and custom painting with hand than airbrush painting. I just learn to use both and think both can produce some exceptional results. (Plus i ran outta the color i needed and my supplier is a little slower than i like to wait)

4. stuffinducks

stuffinducks New Member

Hoss,

Yes, ::) it's been there for a while.

Eugene...Yes please send if possible. ;) :-*

SD

5. travis madden

travis madden New Member

SD the swan it awesome! As far as the tool box is concerned it describes your work "Bitchin" so its all good! 8)

6. pin_ featherd hun just finished up on Fri.

Attached Files:

• hun.jpg
      hun.jpg
      File size:
      32.6 KB
      Views:
  7. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

This is a pretty nice bird but wow oh wow the pinfeathers. I would think that by Jan. they would be filled out. He was raised in captivity. Anyone know when they are prime?
    [​IMG]

8. snowhare

snowhare New Member

WELL

THIS ONE I STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE CAUSE WHEN I SHOWED YOU A PICTURE OF MY WORK AREA , YOU LL BE IN DEEP SHOCK FOR A WEEK ORE 5 ;D ;D

GRT J

IT IS A COMBIATION BERTWEEN DANTE S INFERNO AND A GRAVE YARD

9. Hoss0902

Jim I did White face tree duck that died in March last year, and it still wasn't feathered out. I think you did a great job.

10. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

Still some grooming to do, before I stop and watch the end of the NASCAR race, and then the BassMaster's Classic. :)
    [​IMG]

11. travis madden

travis madden New Member

Ha! Not much of a shop ( the dryer ) but here is a picture of my ringneck skinned, fleshed, washed, dryed and ready to be mounted. This is my first duck so I think so far it looks ok. I will post pics when I get it finished. If you have any thoughts or opinions on what I can do better I am open as this is my first bird.
    [​IMG]

12. AOTaxi

AOTaxi She's a keeper!

I had to get out of the same ol' same ol' for a day, so I tried my hand at a bandito, it was kinda fun to play around with. Me and this coon had a history together, I caught him in a live trap and used him to train a few Jagd terriers, after I got the Jagds going good I turned him out and let Tank trail him out an hour later, by the time I got to the tree Tank had him out on the ground and stretched, I went to grab Tank off of the coon and the coon went ahead and bit me through the thumb nail and out the other side!!!! That chit hurt good!!,, ..So rabies shots and a few years later, I put him on the work bench!
    [​IMG]

13. wingman

wingman Active Member

I really enjoy this thread! A lot of "new" people and some very nice looking birds and workbenches :) I didn't "work" for money this weekend BUT worked harder in the shop than mounting birds, Did my Spring cleaning a bit early LOL :) My shop was getting trashed and needed some serious reorganization, I also built a new portable on wheels workbench with a lot of storage on it, Here's some pics BEFORE I trash it tomorrow morning! ;D

Attached Files:

14. Hoss0902

That is great Wingman.... Maybe, just maybe I might clean my shop... Next week...lol. man I wish I have a bigger shop. Mine is a little room under the carport...lol

I got Gunner's (My Lab) Birds mounted. The hen was his first bird, and the drake was his last bird of the 08-09 season

[​IMG]

15. robolson

robolson www.frozeninflight.com

Here's my first attempt at wrapping a bird with thread to get everything tight (but not too tight) and natural looking. This was just a pinfeathery dove that I used as a practice bird. I learn so much from everyone on here and figured out how to wrap the bird based soley on the photos that people posted of their birds on this forum. Thank yall so much! I think it came out okay for a first attempt.

Attached Files:

16. south american birds dont ever seem to "prime" up. they moult differently than north american birds as they are in a constant moult and never lose color unlike our native critters do.

17. Skua

Skua Member

My attempt on a King Eider

Attached Files:

18. Skua

Skua Member

;D

Attached Files:

19. Skua

Skua Member

:D

Attached Files: