1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. featherworks

featherworks New Member

And a couple more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. featherworks

featherworks New Member

Here is last nights work... Poured heads and rocks with their molds. Also wrapped a few bodies.

Phil

[​IMG]

3. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

featherworks... that is awesome.

what is the candles for?

4. ludvik

ludvik beginner taxidermist :-)

love this treade to!!!!!! get many new tips here and ides to my new working place ;D.

here is what i had on my working bench last night. i working to learn me to make the under wing skinning on small birds ;) :D :D so it dont need any sewing ;D
    take som photos of it whit my phone. so not the best photos :( i see i have some grooming left to :D

Attached Files:

5. ludvik

more

Attached Files:

6. ludvik

more

Attached Files:

7. ludvik

more and maked the body

Attached Files:

8. ludvik

more

Attached Files:

9. ludvik

more
    and just cauk and pin the skin back and cauk under the wings. had the groming left on it here but forgot to take a finnish photo ;)

Attached Files:

10. ludvik

here is some other small birds i did last day to. whit that under wing cut i used 1h and 15min to do a litle bird ;D ;D ;D and i am not fast :D :D :D
    not the best mounts but i`m learning ;D ;D ;D

Attached Files:

11. wingman

wingman Active Member

Featherworks, Nice! Ya been busy. Ludvik, LOL I have an entire "WINGTIP" photographed just needed to post up on that very method, except I used a Harlequin and a hooded mergie to show that technique with, You did a nice job showing the method!! I keep forgetting your just an "AMATEUR "HAHAHAHA

12. I've got a dollar that says that man is using toilet paper tubes to make his molds

13. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

verrry cool skua and ole ;)

14. francois

francois Parrot collector

Thanks Ole for sharing your way of mounting. Nice to see you cut under the wing and not on the brest . Skua good looking duck, you have time to make mine ? :eek: :eek:

15. Skua

Skua Member

for you ;) i make time 8)

16. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Yeah the house will have to wait ;D.

17. featherworks

featherworks New Member

Hoss... the "candles" are Dragon Skin molds for my duck heads.

Cripplecreek... The jackets for my molds are 2" pvc cut down the middle with the band saw. Good guess, I'll have to remember that when I get in a bind and have no pvc.

Phil

18. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Ludvik, Very nice. ;) Have never seen that way of doing things before. I will have to try it.

Here is mine...drying now. Excuse the crappy photography, but then again, that's what nice about this post! ;D

Attached Files:

19. wings II

wings II New Member

WOW! This thread is on F-I-R-E!! I don't know where to start - Trophy Birds is posting and Phil with his great work as well :eek:...Ludvik that is an inspiring mount...GREAT PICS my friend!! Everyone is blowing me away with all the great Shop Shots!
    Here's a sleepy Pintail...[​IMG]
    and a fat little woodrow...[​IMG]

20. spikebuck

spikebuck New Member

Deer stuff and electrical project all over my workbench. Had to set up a temporary workbench for the birds. I did not want to show the end results of the bird.

Attached Files: